Chapter 11- The Beginning

3 years later

Elias's POV

Everything was different after I met Barry, and three years went by in a blur. It took almost a year but I was able to gain control of the Speed Force, and now I'm fully capable of manipulating it to whatever speed. Turns out my max speed is actually really fast, even Barry can't keep up with me, so hey that's cool.

Aside from speed training I also took up a few martial art forms to develop my combat skills, since Lord knows I didn't know how to fight. And of course I have continued expanding my knowledge in an academic aspect. I returned to a regular public school, but I chose to keep more on the down low and avoid making friends. It made it easier to protect myself from getting hurt like last time.

Plus public school is easy, especially since I'm following at my grade level. In my spare time I decided to take up coding, and by now I've probably got a library's worth of learning textbooks from different subjects.

After begging Barry and convincing him that I'm really not his kid and that I can easily handle myself, he let me become a hero about two years into my training. I became his sidekick alongside Wally for the time being, and over time I got to meet the other sidekicks of the Justice League members. Although I hate the thought of just being a sidekick, it was alright for the time being.

On my few holidays, I flew back home to spend time with my family, my dad and mom still can't believe I'm a superhero now, but they're proud of me nonetheless. And my relationship with my siblings is about as good as it's gonna get!

Wally and I became best friends over the years, as expected considering we spend almost every day together because of Barry. I was absolutely right about him being a flirtatious loser, and he never failed to consistently flirt with me as we grew up, even if I made it clear I wasn't really looking for a relationship. I don't mind though, since he's my best friend.

Anyways, after I was given permission to become a hero I got to choose my own alias! Which was super fucking cool. I refused to take any of Barry's suggestions because they were all shit and consist of 'Flash' somewhere in the name. Even if I was his sidekick there was now way I was gonna live in his shadow for my whole career.

So I chose 'Hyper', on account of my 'hyper' speed. Funny I know.

My uniform wasn't the same colour pallet as Barry and Wally, I opted for black, purple, and white, but of course I honoured the Flash legacy or whatever by keeping a lighting logo on the chest.

Alright that's enough of a recap, I'm sure we're all on the same page now. Today's a big day!
-
-
-

3rd POV

It was a chilly afternoon in Central City, wasn't supposed to be cold but a certain ice villain decided to cause a ruckus.​​​​​ Kid Flash and Flash ran around the cold hearted villain as he attempted to shoot the two with his ice gun, but was miserably failing.

"C'mon let's go, we don't have time for this!" Kid shouted more so at Flash as the two continued to circle him, he was getting irritated with how much time they were wasting, after all they all had somewhere to be.

"Hyper, now!" Kid shouted as he stopped running for a split second to give Hyper an opening to run in and take down Captain Cold.

In an instant, a purple blur passed Kid as Hyper came out from her spot and hit the icy villain before he even had a chance to think. Her hands worked quickly as she struck him in the back of the neck, causing his body to fall limp on the floor, his gun dropping in the process. She smirked at her victory while the other two speedsters came to a stop.