Scene 46- Alone

*Anne's Prov*

Mrs. Weasley gave me the receipt and clear instructions what I need to do. I can do this. No big deal, right?

My enthusiasm vanished with each passing minute of working on that dish, bringing me to the point where I feel like giving up and throwing everything away. I'm in distress. This looks nothing like the picture Mrs. Weasley showed me.

All I wanted was to surprise George. Guess I can forget that.

The door opens and a read head comes in. I instantly panic, I need to cover this mess up.

I reach for my flour smeared wand and charm the big dishcloth over it, giving that particular read head a smile.

He looks irritated: "Stop smiling at me, I'm not George," the boy grumbles.

I let go a breath: "Thank Merlin."

"What are you even doing? It looks like a mess in here"," Fred grabs the dishcloth and lifts it up a bit.

"That looks like a mess, yes, but it hopefully tastes good," even I can hear how fake that enthusiasm sounds.

"Where you trying to bake mum's special cake?," he pulls the cloth away completely.

I make my hair into a knot and use my wand for stability: "Yes. Does it look anything –"

"No. That thing looks like you bombarded it with crème," Fred says: "it rolled down a pretty big hill, crashing into many stones on its way and then someone sat on it. That's how it looks."

"Thank you for lifting my spirits."

"Anytime," he winks.

I groan and run a hand over my face, covering it a bit in flour.

"Can you please try it and tell me if it at least tastes like it? You are the one to know how the cake of your Mum should actually taste."

"Will I die?," he eyes it suspiciously.

"Hopefully," I say.

"I hate you," he mumbles, pushing his finger towards the cake.

"No wait, take a fork-," it is already too late, with a big teasing grin he runs is finger over the cream, pushing the finger into his mouth.

I wait for, no I hope for a positive reaction. I just don't get one.

"What exactly did you do when you tried to make it?," he looks at me with a slight grimace.

"Like the receipt said," I stutter out:" Is it that bad? Oh merlin's beard. I can't do this."

"Just try again. Not everything gets done on the first try, not everyone can be as awesome as me."

"Can you help me please?," I look at him pleading.

"Why should I help you? What is in for me?," he raises an eyebrow.

"Good cake?," I try.

"Oh no, I need something better."

"What do you want?," I ask annoyed.

"Now we are talking. Those wonderful chocolate bars with exotic flavour our brother Charlie owled you from Romania look really delicious I have to admit."

I close my eyes, I really do need help with this cake.

"Okay fine, you can have one."

"All of them."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Okay then good luck with that cake of yours," he turns around already on his way towards the door.