Scene 50- Just A Reference

*George's Chapter*

„... the house got blown up by a bomb and left in pieces. No one was found that could have caused the possible attack. No one seemed to be hurt, at least no bodies could have been found," I read aloud what is written in the newspaper.

Anne sits opposite of me in utter shock. She swallows and stops biting her nails.

"I am so grateful that I made them move out of there," she breathes out.

"See? It was the right decision. If they would have stayed in their flat, they would have been dead by now. That's crazy," I put the newspaper aside.

"Hey," I take her hand and squeeze it shortly before grapping my coffee: "Everything alright?"

I can see that she is lost in thought again, she nods.

"Did Fred come home with a girl yesterday?," she asks.

"No, Gerd didn't want to join him," I say.

"Gerd?"

"Don't ask," I wave the matter of.

"I'm slowly getting annoyed of dealing with his One night stands. Can't he just stop bringing them home? Why can't he go to their place? Would be a lot easier," she takes a bite from her toast.

"I have a better idea, why doesn't he stop with that bullshit completely?"

Anne gets a bit red: "Yeah, that would be the right thing. Not my idea. Obviously."

I laugh and we grab myself another piece of bread.

I bite into my toast and look at her secretly. She leans with her cheek on one hand, stirring her tea with the other. The dark circles under her eyes are the result of some not well rested nights. Her blue eyes are fixated on a spot on the table while she absently reaches for a croissant.

Anne lets go a yawn. I just hope that she finds a bit of peace in the news that she did the right thing regarding to Logan and Cole. This is just intense. Their own families rather wanted them dead than happy.

I really don't envy rich Pureblood kids. My parents, even tough there are sometimes very stubborn and old viewed, still supported our store idea in the end. Although they weren't that happy about it.

"What are you thinking about?," Anne looks at me, raising questionably her eyebrow.

"Nothing important. Just about Fred," I lie.

She bites into her croissant:" Mhm. Hey that makes me wondering, would you ever do something like Fred?"

I choke on my drink: "What?"

"Would you do the stuff he does, sleep with many girls, just see them once and then hopefully never again?"

I blink a few times: "Uhm, I obviously wouldn't? I'm with you?"

A small smile appears on her face: "Well good to know, but it was rather a question if I wasn't. Like just imagine I was dead-"

"Don't say that! Why should you be dead?," I ask.

She gestures around with her spoon: "Okay then not dead, then just imagine I wasn't in your life-"

"Would be hard, I assume I would fall in love with you either way when I would see you around," I point out.

She sighs a bit: "Okay then imagine I'm not even in the country, far away, alive and you never will see me, I'm basically non-existent for you, would you be up for something like he does?"

"I don't get why this is of interest for you, but I never really considered it," I lean back, taking some time to think: "The answer would be no. I couldn't do that."