Scene 27- You Are Enough

*George's Prov*

„Mister Weasley, it would be a pleasure if you would join us for a cup of tea?," Umbridge smiles down at me patiently. 

I'm not quite sure if she believes her sudden change of manner will help her awful personality. 

"No thank you Professor, I'm fine," I cast a glance towards Anne who looks at her tea carefully.

"I want you to drink something," still smiling but obviously demanding, Umbridge puts the tea down. 

I sigh and just start to write the sentences we were given again. Those are the same as yesterday. She can't honestly believe that us writing our 'failures' will help us from prevent them. It's only the second night and I already have enough of this bullshit.

"Is this even legal?," I ask suddenly. 

"Mister Weasely?," Umbridge looks at me, trying to maintain her clueless expression. 

Not today you little Toad, not today.

"Does Fudge approve such cruel techniques? I'm sure that something like this goes against the guidelines of the ministry, Professor," I smile just as sweetly as she does. 

"I'm sure that the right punishment for misbehavior is also something the minister himself wants to have. You may not see the necessity behind all of this, but once you have the rules recognized, you'll never forget them."

Throughout all of this, Anne is totally quiet and is writing like she's running out of time. I sigh and start to write, cursing Umbridge quietly with every word I write.

---

Later when we are finally dismissed, Anne grabs my hand immediately and I couldn't react soon enough. Forced to drink our tea by Umbdrige, the same sentences repeated itself. She stares up at me, not letting go of my hand.

"Why didn't you want me to see that?," she asks, leading me into a classroom and without any protests I follow her into the dark classroom. 

"Because it's nothing. Stupid words. Caused by an even more stupid reason," I dismiss her words and sit down on one of the tables.

Anne closes the door quietly and settles herself beside me. 

Her empty eyes stare at mine: "That aren't just stupid words and you know that just as well as I am." 

I can't bear the weight of her eyes on me and look down at my hand. Still bloody from being cut open, my hand reflects in the moonlight.

"Talk to me George, please," her cold hand settles on mine, not caring if she gets bloody as well. 

"I don't want to be a burden," I mumble. 

I mean she already has a lot going on with herself, there is no need for me, to add additional weight, is there? I want her to focus on herself, not on my problems. I want for her to feel okay not worry even further.

"Don't you ever say that," it's only a whisper that leaves her mouth, but it sounds strong and determined: "Not a single thought you could have in that flawless brain of yours, could be a burden. All of them are worth to be shared... Don't shy away to tell me how you feel, because you believe I can't take it. Just as you told me that you would be here for me, I'm here for you as well."

I squeeze her hand slightly before pulling our hands up and giving a kiss to the palm of her hands. 

"I'm just ashamed of this thought honestly. That is so new to me. I never thought that that would be something I'd write down."