Scene 49- Angst Always Has A Reason

*George's Prov*

„I just hope I did the right thing here," Anne whines running a hand through her hair looking in distress: "What if I made the wrong choice in offering me as secret keeper?"

"You didn't," I look at her and grab her hand, but she pushes hers out underneath mine.

"What if I made the spell wrong and they will find them anyways?," she looks everywhere but me.

"You know how the spell is casted, chances are very slim that you fucked that up," I try to reassure her.

"They are slim but never zero, and I never was that good. I could have remembered it wrongly?"

"Cole and Logan both didn't say anything, so it must have seemed correct to them as well."

"They were confused out of their minds, everything must have seemed alright to them. Oh shit, oh shit I fucked that up. I am the reason they'll die."

"Godric's balls Anne! Look at me," I grab her chin and force her to look at me, I chuckle slightly: "Calm down. I get it you are nervous, but stop overthinking."

She blinks at me before groaning: "How can I not do that, knowing there are lives in danger and it all lies in the hands of my fucking incorrect spell!"

"It won't be incorrect and you are a great choice, never found anyone that suborn and stern," I stroke her cheek slightly, arching my eyebrows.

"But again, what if I'm not? If I recall correctly the Potters had a similar problem and I'm not fond of repeating that disaster," she pushes the chair away she sits on and stands up, my hand flops onto the table.

"I mean, they also had a secret hideout place and needed a secret keeper apart from one of them. They have put their trust in the wrong one and you know where that lead to," she paces around.

"I really don't get what you are worrying about now, it's not like you would rot them out like Pettigrew did," I look at her, leaning back in my chair.

"No, I would not. But you never know what they might do that I accidently spill it or some shit," she sighs frustrated: "Why did I even come up with that idea? It wasn't thought through enough."

"It was the perfect idea to act on. Look, they are being chased by their own parents, nothing seems safe for them and we both don't know what might happen to them, if the Death Eaters found them. Hiding them from the public seems to be the best solution, so please stop worrying already."

She still paces around, biting on her lower lip, looking lost in her thoughts. I sigh. She will bite her lip raw if she continued doing that, we were there before.

"Anne, let's be real, what are the chances that they would specifically look out for you when it comes to the both of them. Before they even realize that they have a secret keeper will pass a lot of time, not to mention how much will pass until they figured out it might be you."

"If they ever dared to show up here, they have to face not only you, but also Fred and me. We won't take it easy on them. Also Pettigrew was being a coward and scared of the possibility that he might die. You are far from being a coward Anne."

"But what if I am? I just got the hang of this life thing, it just started to get good, I don't want to stop with that just yet," she sighs coming to a stop: "What if I don't want to die for them?"

"Hey," I stand up and walk up to her, wrapping my arms carefully around her: "You have no idea how happy you just made me with the first statement."

She looks at me with guilt in her eyes.

I look down at her with a slight smile: "Nothing to be ashamed of. Usually the drive to survive is natural, but the point is that you wouldn't give in that easily and that is what this here is all about. You wouldn't just because of the possibility of something rot your friends out?"