Scene 04 - The Hog's Head

*George's prov*

"Look how great this is!," Fred exclaims and shows me a new kind of sweet. 

"We could use it for our new project," I take them from him. 

With the money Harry gave us, we actually can afford to buy more stuff at Zonkos than usual. Even Lee gets jealous now. This feels great, to not worry about money. Sure, to keep the money away from Mom was hard, but we tried to help as far as we could, without it being obvious.

"When is the meeting again?," Fred whispers to me.

 We both agreed to meet with them, this little toad can't teach and we believe Harry. When he says, he met you-know-who, then he is back. I'm not gonna doubt him ever. 

"Hermione said, around eleven am," I pay for the sweets and bombs. 

"I never thought we would take it that far in Hogwarts. I mean, we had some shitty teachers like Lockhart, but that were different times. We actually believed he-who-must-not-be-named was gone. However, now it is very serious and Hogwarts get someone like this little shit to teach us the most important subject right now," Fred says, while we make our way to the Hog's Head. 

On our way we take other people with us. Not that much, but still enough I'm surprised.

---

Harry just discussed his plan with us. Nevertheless, no one wants to stand up first and put their signature on the paper Hermione has. Fred and Me stand up at the same time, we grin and move to the paper and put our signature on it. Finally, the others stand up too. Fred and I take a sip from our butter beers and my eyes wander around in this very, well, unusual place. By the stairs I see Anne, straightly looking at us.

Although in the next second she's gone, I'm positive it was her. I blink confused and look there again in hope she'll stand there again. Why was she here? Did she listen to our conversation and will tell Umbridge about the D.A? I hardly know her, no one seemed to realize someone might have listened, did it ever cross their mind that someone in here could sneak? I need to make sure she wasn't spying. 

*Anne's Prov*

I walk back up the stairs, as quietly as I can. I know that from time to time meetings are held in here, but I never believed they would hold one. I just hope they didn't see me, I don't want to be part at anything. I open a door and go inside. Those people who come here are pigs. I start to clean the room, after some time, as I believe they are gone and I'm finished, I go back downstairs to get myself something to drink.

However, one of the twins is still standing in the room, his eyes wandering around. When he sees me, he waves gently. I roll my eyes and go past him behind the bar and take a glass and start to clean it. He still looks at me. By Merlin's beard, why is he so annoying? 

"What do you want?," I ask unfriendly not looking up from my glass. 

He chuckles and comes closer to the bar. It's just him here, the last one left the Hog's Head now. 

"Well just making sure, you didn't eavesdrop." 

Now I look up. It must be important then.

"And why do you think I would do it?" 

Is it George or Fred now? God this makes me crazy. I don't want to be their mother. 

"You were the one standing on the stairs."

"Yeah because I wanted to go downstairs and... you know what nevermind," I fill the glass with some water. 

"Then what are you doing here? I mean this isn't a place for girls like you," he leans on the counter. 

"And why would you think that?," I raise a brow. 

"This is a place known for its racketeering, you are a young innocent woman." 

Even though I should be angry with him, about what he just called this place, I actually hold back a laugh. Did he just call me innocent? 

"In all honesty, this isn't a place for you. Now would you mind and leave?," I stare at him.

*George's prov*

I step a bit back. Still unsure if I should leave. What if she's in trouble and that's why she's here? We don't know much of her. I am about to say something when the man from before comes from behind. He stares at Anne and then at me. Anne takes a sip from her water and puts it aside. 

"Anne bring the cabbage out from behind and don't forget the pots," he says harshly. 

Does she work here? She gives me a stare that clearly says, 'just leave already' and by the way this man looks at me, I actually make another step back.

Anne turns around: "Yes Dad, should I take the buckets too?" 

She walks past him, towards the door. 

He screams: "No they aren't filled yet!" 

My eyes widen, that dude is her dad? I give him a quick grin and walk towards the door, as fast as possible. Outside I take a deep breath. Oh Merlin, I actually just made a fool out of myself with teasing this pub. The whole way back to the three broomsticks, where I meet with Fred and Lee, I think about this whole Dad thing. His image doesn't fit into my picture of her. She is way too beautiful to be his daughter. 

Okay, I don't know who her mother is, but that guy is her Dad? I take a deep breath when I sit next to Fred. I told them I would ask him, if he has some rare eggs for us, for a new product.

"So did he have them?," Fred asked. 

I shake my head lost in thought. Why do I find her attractive? Better question: Why do I even try? I guess I just hope that I'll find a reason to make it worth it, or I just love challenges. Either way, I'll try to get to know her. She seems interesting.