Scene 58- Meetings&Scheming

*George's Pov*

I can't feel my hand. It's hanging of me like a useless limp. The attack on us was too sudden and out of nowhere, neither of us could react properly. Fred was faster than I was and I am grateful for his quick witted abilities.

"Psst George," he whisper-shouts over at me.

I look over at him, signaling he still needs to stay quiet. Another intruder seems to be inside this building, here to finish us off finally. We can't risk of getting caught again. We need to be the one attacking first, taking every advantage we can get. Fred points at the firework box, indicating we could stir things up a bit.

Then when the intruder is too busy with dealing with the fireworks, we can easily attack and capture them. Take them as hostage till we get every important information needed and who knows what else we can gain out of it. I crawl over to Fred's side next to the backdoor, hiding in the shadow. As silently as possible we pull the boxes out underneath, me hissing at every sting of pain I feel.

Slowly we push the box further towards the door into our shop. Behind we can hear someone stepping over the fallen shelves and putting items around. I share a look with my brother and we both nod. I open the door with my good hand and he sets the fireworks on fire and throws them out. We quickly duck away into safety and then we hear once crash after the other and a surprised squeal.

"Salazar," a female voice carries its way over the noise to us.

Anne? My eyes grow wide and I jump up immediately. Fred tries to grab my shirt to hold me back.

"What are you doing?," he is hissing.

I pull out my wand and rush out of the room, finding Anne ducked away on the floor, trying her best to keep the fireworks off from hitting her. I quickly cast a charm and slowly they vanish from around us and with them the light source. I stand in complete darkness for a few seconds.

"Anne? Are you alright?," I rush over to her, Fred coming out of the room behind me.

"Don't touch me," she quickly staggers back, holding up her wand at me: "What connection do Fred and I have?"

I look at her puzzled: "Anne what are you on about?"

"What connection?," she holds the wand tighter.

"Unfortunately you are my sister-in-law," Fred speaks up behind me, also holding up his wand pointed at her: "and you have my twin wand. Now you tell me, what was the first thing you ever said to me?"

"That you should fuck off," Anne answers and slowly both of them give their wands down.

I stare between them. I didn't even cross my mind to doubt that this girl here couldn't be Anne to begin with.

"What happened?," she stands up.

"Death Eaters attacked us. We were busy dealing with boxing our products when they suddenly invaded this place and gave us hell," my brother explains.

"Did they try to get something? Where they looking for something?"

"I don't believe so. I think they were merely after us. The first time they broke into here they took some of our notes with some great ideas on. I imagine they were trying to capture us to be their brains," Fred picks up a broken Umbridge doll from the floor.

"Good luck for them finding one with you," she mutters to Fred, who instantly gives her his finger.

"I just don't get how they could know that we were here in first place," I say, shifting my weight from one foot to the other, being a bit unsteady.