Scene 62- Dumbledore's Note

*George's Pov*

My head feels heavy and clouded. My vision is blurry and my eyes can't focus for a while. Then my surroundings clear and I realize that I still lie on the couch where they placed me last night. I can feel my non existing ear stinging and everything from yesterday comes flooding back. I was close to dying yesterday and I do not want it to repeat itself. Being told that from now on my hearing will be worse and that my splendid beauty did take some damage was hard, but knowing I survived a curse makes it feel like nothing.

On the brighter side we got Harry safely here and most of us made it out alive. We can look forward to the wedding now. It will be chaos and there is still a lot to plan, but it is something that will take our minds of matters. My thoughts are interrupted as I feel someone shifting on the floor. I slowly turn onto my side and see that Anne is lying there, curled up into a knitted blanket. Did she sleep down there?

"Morning, how are you doing?", my mother whispers behind me. She startled me a bit, I haven't heard her coming up to me.

"I'm alright. Just a bit dizzy." I stand up slowly and she helps me into the kitchen. "What happened yesterday evening?"

"We had some argument with Harry after you fell asleep. He wanted to leave, thinking he will bring us all in further danger. Poor boy blamed himself for the death of Alastor. Nobody is to blame except for the one who snitched and the Death Eaters that are responsible for his death," says Mum giving me some potion to drink: "Luckily he came to his senses and is currently asleep in Ron's room. Ron told us that the three of them had a plan to follow and that he needs an alibi as to why he isn't in Hogwarts."

"He didn't explain further what plan?"

"No, he said he isn't allowed to talk about it. The less we know the better."

"Will be hard to find a reason for him not to show up at Hogwarts for a whole year."

"That's why I beg Fred and you to think of something good. We need to give them three the best excuses we can gather. Fred is already mapping out ideas. He was worried about you. Not only him. We all were. Anne didn't leave your side yesterday. Checked on your wound hourly. How does it feel?"

"It stings and is itching. It feels like this half of my face is blocked. However, apart from that, I do feel good." I chuck down her potion.

"That is nice to hear. You are one of my strong boys. Come here," she pulls me into a hug and I embrace it. It's nice.

"Will we celebrate Harry's birthday?", I ask.

"Of course we will. Just because it is one day before the wedding, doesn't mean we do not get to celebrate it. The important people will show up for him, I already planned out cake. Of course we will. This boy deserves everything normal he can get. Life has put so much on his shoulders."

"It feels weird to think that Bill is already getting married, doesn't it?", Dad shows up, startling me again. I will have to get used to it, to not being able to hear my 100% from before.

"It feels weird who he is going to marry."

"That reminds me, we need to clean our room. Tomorrow the Deleacours are arriving and they will be staying at our room. Arthur better get going and start cleaning." Mum ushers him out of the room.

Someone chuckles behind me and as I turn around, Anne leans against the doorframe.

"Good to know that nothing can stop your mother from cleaning." She looks at me: "How are you feeling?"

"Alright. How are you?"

"Do not worry about me. I'm fine. I'm so glad you made it out alive" She throws her arms gently around my neck and buries her head into my chest. I pull her close, taking in everything I can feel, see and touch.