Scene 47- Like Your Mother

*Anne's Prov*

I take a sip from the mead I earlier took from the shelves of my father and pass the bottle towards Caleb who sits crossed legged in front of me on my bed. It is quiet downstairs. At this time of the year it's always surprisingly empty as if all mysterious and dark wizards and witches decided it's time for a break as well.

"I'm so glad that the school year is finally over," Caleb mutters sinking back into the mattress, stretching out his legs.

I place my hands on his feet and massage them while looking at him with a sly smile: "Is it because you couldn't land with that girl?"

He takes a gulp from the bottle and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand letting go a sigh: "I did, kind of, had a chance with her."

I take the bottle from him and take a sip, make a grimace at the burning sensation down my throat, placing it in the middle of us.

"But?"

"But," Caleb stretches out his hands to a t position: "I could have messed that up."

I laugh, patting his leg: "What did you do now? You were writing to me about her all bloody year, ever since you had to dance with her because apparently she had great sense of humor and now you actually messed that up?"

He grumbles reaching for the bottle and takes a sip: "Does your Dad even know you took it?"

Caleb shakes the bottle.

I shake my head: "No, but he won't realize. He'll think he drank it anyways, in the state he is in, he can't really think straight."

I stare into the distance. Caleb gets on his elbows to look at me.

"Hey," he pokes me with his big toe into the rips, getting my attention: "I'm here now and not to forget that because of this we are able to get to unlimited alcohol supply, getting the favourites of any party."

"You're right," I smile and take the bottle from him: "The last one we snug alcohol into didn't go that well though."

Caleb laughs: "Not our fault if they are all light weights and passed out after two glasses."

"So tell me what you did now and stop changing the topics," I say looking at him.

"You're no fun," he comments sitting up properly taking his feet out of my hands, sitting crossed legged again: "You do remember those big ball we always have at the end of each year? As you know I asked her if she wanted to go with me, she politely declined telling me she already made an agreement with her friends to go as a group, which is totally fine with me. However, at the night of the ball, because I went with someone else, she looked all suspicious in my direction, which was weird alone. I decided to go for it and walked over to her and asked if she wanted to dance. She said yes, but always looked at my date, until I realized what she might have thought, so I told her that Natalia is just my Date to the ball and that we would be nothing serious. That relaxed her a bit and so until a lot of fun dancing we did go outside to cool ourselves and normally to go outside with someone is like a sign that the other person may like you, at least I believed so, because when I kissed her she kicked me in the balls, made a tantrum and stormed off inside."

I stare at him breaking into fits of laughter, holding my hand in front of my mouth.

"Stop making fun of me, I couldn't know she didn't want anything to do with me."

"Salazar... Did," I'm still chuckling a bit: "Did she show any sign to want to be kissed or anything?"

"Well, I thought so. I mean she was curious who Natalia was, we danced, we went outside, we talked a bit and then we had this eye to eye moment."