Scene 26- Too Many Feelings And None At All

*Anne's Prov*

It is late when George and I are dismissed, with a bloody hand and tired expressions.

We walk in silence through the corridors, hiding from Peeves once he comes down a corridor. When the sight is clear of him, George leads me out of the corner and together we proceed to walk to the Entrance Hall.

"Is it just me or was my list way longer?," George asks with slight amusement. 

"No it really was longer, what did you do this year?," I stop as he stops. 

"Apparently nothing good in her eyes," he pulls out a small cloth from his bag and wipes the back of his hand slowly to keep the blood from dripping onto the floor:" I think the tea had something in it."

As strange as it was, but afterwards I didn't even bother to write after the list and wrote down sentences that were way too true. I'm scared to look down on my hand to see if the words are still there.

" So I didn't made that up?," I look as he pulls the cloth away, revealing his irritated and red hand, where words are still to be seen and the skin needs way longer to heal. 

"I believe she put verita serum inside, so that we start to speak the truth or more or less write something that is true to us," he admits quietly giving his hand away when he realizes that I try to read what is standing on his.

'I'm not go-'

"George, what is standing on your hand?," I move forward and try to get it, but he just moves back a bit with a smirk on his face. 

"Na na na Anne, we don't want to get demanding now, do we?" 

I look at him sternly. 

"I didn't even have time to write a lot, did you see how long my list was, I was busy with writing that down," he jokes.

"From now on, no tea from her ever again," I mutter and he agrees. 

"We need to talk with someone about this, she can't use potions on students," George states: "Do you know how long verita serum is supposed to be working?" 

I shake my head: "No idea. We don't even know how much of it was inside our tea."

"Well, what I know is that it is supposed to last for at least a normal conversation, which is approximately around fifteen to twenty minutes, with two or three drops. So do you have any idea how long we were in there?" 

I stare at him: And he claims to not be good in potions?

"Maybe two three hours?," I suggest. 

"The only way to find out is, that you have to ask me something and if I'm not able to lie then we are still under the influence. So come on." 

"Do you like Umbridge?" 

He looks at me before grinning: "Of course I do, did you see this beautiful graceful creature?"

"Okay you are definitely not under the influence anymore, because no way that that is the truth," I say pointing at him.

He laughs heartedly. "What if it is the truth?," he comes closer towards me. 

"Oh please, if that would be the truth, I'm breaking up with you here and now," I move back a bit until my back hits the wall.

He smiles gently at me while he looks down at me. "How are you after what happened?" 

Empty, relieved, guilty, feeling itchy to do it again... 

"It's okay. After the last time, I expected the jar again honestly," I meet his eyes, full with warmth and love.