Scene 56- Manipulation at it's best

*George's Pov*

It's early in the morning when we make our way back to the burrow. The sky is in a pretty colour play and the grass is glistening with a fresh wave of wetness from the rain that came over us in the night.

We laughed it off and simply casted a charm to stay dry and warm, nothing could ruin our mood. It was what we needed. We needed to get out of the house, as much as I love my family they sometimes can get too much.

As we open the door to the warm kitchen we are greeted with an angry stare from Mum.

"Where have you been?," she cries out, her stare piercing through us.

"Outside," I grin, as if that wasn't obvious.

"Don't you dare to use humor on me now," she snaps and points warningly a knife at me, with which she's been cutting sausages.

"We went just on a stroll, nothing happened. We checked if the coast was clear and it was clear," I try to reassure her, failing madly at it.

Next to me Bill pops up and pulls some grass out of Anne's hair with a smirk and a wink in her direction.

Mum luckily didn't realize this small gesture of Bill and went on to scold me and Anne for being so irresponsibly. All we can do is stand there and listen. Nod at the right moments and do as if we are bothered.

When she ushers us to the kitchen table we knew we are off the hooker for a while.

"She gets more and more scary I have to admit," Anne whispers while eating her eggs.

I chuckle a bit: "Don't let her play mind tricks on you. That's the way she gets you."

"So," Bill sits down to his full plate, keeping his voice low: "Where have you been really? Because a simple morning stroll doesn't bring you knots and grass in your hair."

We both develop a slight blush around the cheeks and dug into the food even more. Bill leans back with a satisfied smirk plastered on his face.

"Please don't tell Mum," I shoot him a pleading look which he laughs off.

"Don't worry," he lowers his voice when Mum comes to the table again to put some more eggs on our plates, when she leaves he speaks up again: "Mum doesn't know half the stuff I did."

Anne mumbles: "I wonder why," and lets go a yawn while rubbing her eyes.

"Someone tired?"

"Believe it or not, underneath a tree isn't exactly comfortable," she yawns again, making me yawn as well.

Sleep would indeed be very much appreciated.

"We have a lot to do today," Mum comes at the table with a list in her hand: "Anne you will help me in the garden since you seem to crave fresh air."

I bite back a laugh when I see the death glare on Anne's face that Mum pretends not to notice. If I'm quiet enough she will forget about me and- nope too fast.

"And George the clothes need some good washing, but please do that responsibly."

"What if I don't?"

The look Mum gives me settles that matter once and for all: "Alright I will do that responsibly."

---

"Do you know why Mum is so pissed today?," Fred leans against the doorframe eating from a sandwich he earlier snitched from the kitchen.

I rub tiredly my eyes and look up from the book I've been looking through: "Anne and I left the safe territory today."

"I can understand why, but why did you have to be so dumb and let yourselves get caught?," he quickly looks behind him and ushers himself into the room, closing the door behind him: "She just walked past and I won't touch a single cleaning tool in this house today."