Scene 07-How to be mean

(A/N: How are you guys?)

*Anne's Prov*

It's awkwardly silent between Cole and Logan this morning, even I got the tension. 

"So what is going on between you two?," Christine puts her fork down. 

"Nothing," they say in unison. 

The girls keep arguing that there must be something up. I catch Cole's grin when I look at him. I raise an eyebrow, he mouths a 'got her' and turns to his friends to chat with them. I eat in silence.

If that game makes people go that crazy over something that should be meant for fun, why do they do it then, if they can't handle it? Isn't it obvious how none of them can cope with this situation?

Suddenly I have the feeling someone's watching me. I look up and my eyes wander around the room to the Gryffindor table, expecting someone from there to look in our direction, however, they are all investigated in their own stuff. Then my eyes met hers. Why is she looking at me like that? Why is Umbridge focusing me? I look away, I probably just imagined that she looked at me, she looked at all of us for sure. At least that's what I like to believe anyways.

"She's just another figure of the giant chess game the ministry has. Nothing to fear if you know how to throw her out the game," I remember what my Dad told me in Hogsmeade the last time I was there, talking with him about the misery I was in that's called school. 

He never was a big fan of the ministry, he didn't believe in what they told, he never believed a single word they ever said. Still he isn't on anyone's side. He made his own way and everyone crossing this way should fear. Believe me, they should.

Nevertheless, even though she might just be a figure, she could as well be the queen who finishes the game. No matter what the ministry plains there, she will obey and my Dad is sure, she would do everything in her hands to get Dumbledore out of Hogwarts. He is certain the minister fears our principal for several reasons. However, he never explained further.

I look up again, Umbridge already went back to her place and is focused on her food. I have no good feeling about this. Since no one realized I stood up and went, I'm standing alone in front of the classroom for a long time.

---

*George's Prov*

I shove another bacon into my mouth and laugh about something Lee just told. Angie leans over me to grab the sugar and I help her get it, she thanks me with a smile and moves back.

The little making out session from yesterday already almost forgot. It was fun, nothing more and when we talked about it this morning, even Angelina agreed that it was a good change for once, but it wouldn't affect our friendship.

Other than two Ravenclaws who started to fight later on. If they were together why did they attend this game? 

"Mr and Mr Weasley?," McGonagall stands in front of us. 

"Yes Professor?," we say. 

"I'll drop the dentention seeing how busy you two are in the near time," she says sternly, but we can see the determination to win the next quidditch game in her eyes. 

"Thank you Professor," I say. 

"We are very busy indeed," Fred grins.

"Chrm chrm," McGonagall turns around. 

"Do you really don't need something for that terrible cold you have?," she scoffs. 

"I'm fine, thank you Minerva," Umbridge smiles sweetly: "I just accidently overheard that you let go of a necessary punishment for these two."