Scene 61- The Seven Potters

*Anne's Pov*

It's getting dark outside. The fields around the burrow lay silent upon me and the wind blows a gentle wave of comfort towards me. I take in a deep breath, till my lunges reach a point where they dare to burst. I hold it as long as possible, until I release a wobbly breath. Shiver goes through me.

Tonight is the night. Tonight they will get Potter and the house is currently busy with different people. Molly is running around as if she was full on power potion, Moody is screaming directions and Hagrid tries to fit into the living room without breaking anything. All of them are shouting and discussing, bringing the Burrow to live. A huge contrast to the calm surrounding it.

I don't want to go inside and be bombarded by the noise and anxiety coming with it. I want to help and rescue Harry and prove useful. But George asked me to stay with his mother and sister, rather than having me out there and I won't argue with him. They seem to have a solid plan without me, so there is no need to interfere.

"Hey", Ginny sits down beside me on the porch, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Hey", I say.

"It sucks that I can't be part of it, just because I'm too young. Age shouldn't matter. I was in so much worse already and I can't just sit around here and twiddling thumps, while they all put their lives at risk."

"I agree that you already were in worse positions, but that doesn't mean you should get into another one. Currently you will not understand your mothers point, but she just looks out for you with all of her motherly protection she can gather. And age matters, at least in the legal matter. If your brothers wouldn't have been off age yet, she wouldn't allow them to go anywhere."

Ginny groans beside me. "I do get that she is worried, we all are. But I can't sit still knowing there is still so much to do and that there is something I could actually help with."

"You are the best of help for your mother here, to calm her down and help her prepare the arrival of everyone. Even if it is hard to do so. We can only provide strength for these who go out there. Operations like this need people who are the backbone."

"You are only saying that to make you feel better that George doesn't allow you to come with them."

"Maybe, but it certainly helps, doesn't it?"

She laughs: "It's cold, you should come inside. We don't need you to catch a cold." She stands up and makes her way inside again. The voices get louder again and I decide it is also time for me to get back in.

I am instantly greeted with warmth and noise. I push myself towards the twins and give them a questioning look. Both nod back and I give George a hug.

"Please come back safely, otherwise I kill you", I whisper into his ear.

He closes the embrace on me tightly, puts his head on my shoulder and tightens his grip on me. I close my eyes, not ready to let him go yet. At one point Fred clears his throat and in the next second Moody barks at us. We let go of each other. He reaches for my hand and I press it firmly.

"I'll be back soon. I promise." With those words he and the rest is gone, ready to get Harry and risk their lives.

---

Knitting.

Strangely enough that is the thing I am doing to keep my mind busy. It should make me feel more calm if I was able to do it correctly. Now it's just pure surviving with the knitting needles and the yarn.

Furthermore, I couldn't just let Molly be on her own. Her hands move without her looking, her eyes darted at the window, ready to catch any glimpse of any member that might arrive soon. Ginny paces through the room, randomly stopping by the clock to check if the pictures already moved.