Misunderstanding(Tom Riddle)

House: Slytherin
Year: 7

Tom and I have been dating for about 1 year now. He's my first boyfriend and one of the best things to happen to me. The Yule Ball was coming up and Tom hasn't asked me yet. I'm walking with my bestfriend, Lexi, to lunch.

We just came out of Potions, Tom stayed behind to talk to Slughorn. "Has he asked you to the Yule Ball yet?" Lexi asked me. "No not yet." I sighed. She looked disappointed, "girl the Yule ball is in 2 week!" I know it is, which makes me more nervous.

Once we got in the great hall, we sat at our usual spot at the Slytherin table. I looked over at the door every so often waiting for Tom. Finally he walked in.

"Sorry I'm late darling," He kissed my head "Slughorn asked me to help him put some stuff away." He said sitting down. "It's okay." I said smiling. He immediately started putting food on his plate and held my hand.

"Are you coming to my dorm to study?" He asked picking up a piece of chicken. "Yeah of course." After we finished eating, we went to his dorm. We already finished all of our classes.

When we stepped into his dorm, I was taken away by the smell of roses. There were candles and flower petals everywhere. It was breathtaking. I turned around and saw Tom holding a bouquet of roses, my favorite flower. "Y/n L/n will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" I smiled so wide, "Yes! Of course I will Tom!"

I took the roses and kissed him on the lips and hugged him. "Is this what you were doing while you was gone?" I asked him looking around. "Yup. It took a little longer than I thought." I chuckled, "it's perfect Tom!" I said kissing him again.

We ended up cuddling on his bed instead of studying. I started to get tired. He ran his fingers through my hair making me fall asleep, he fell asleep right after.

The next morning was saturday which means no school. I went to Lexi's room and we went dress shopping. On our way to the store, I told her about Tom asking me to the Yule Ball. "That is so cute Y/n! My date just asked me in class." She said rolling her eyes.

I giggled and we walked into the store. I saw a beautiful green dress that immediately caught my eye.

Your dress:

(Or you can wear whatever you want)

I knew this was the one so I bought it. Lexi got a black dress, it looked beautiful on her.

Yule ball

Today was the Yule ball! I went to the common room and saw Tom sitting on one of the sofas. "Hello gorgeous!" He kissed my head and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. We walked to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"I can't wait to see how beautiful you'll look tonight." He whispered in my ear as we sat down. After eating, we went to Tom"s room. We stayed in his room to pass the time, kissing, cuddling, reading, more kissing.

It was finally time to get ready. "Okay I gotta go now!" I said getting out of his grip. "Noooooo not yet!" He said grabbing me and hugging me again. "Tom I have to get ready. And so do you." I chuckled. "Fine." He finally let go and I put on my shoes.

"I love you!" He yelled before I opened the door. "I love you too" I smiled.

Tom pov
Merlin how can I be so lucky? I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the whole world and she loves me. I can't wait to see how beautiful she'll look in her dress.

I got up and took a shower. I put on an all black suit and sprayed y/n's favorite cologne. I fixed my hair but made it a little messy, just how she likes it.

I looked at the clock, it's time.

Y/n pov
After I finished getting ready, Lexi knocked on my door. Perfect timing. "Y/n you look beautiful!" She gasped. "You look beautiful too Lex!" I grabbed my purse and we left.

When we walked to the grand staircase, Lexi walked first. She really did look beautiful, like a princess. It was my turn to walk down, so many people stared at me. One person was staring at me differently though.

I met eyes with Tom Marvolo Riddle. He looked at me like I was a goddess, he looked at me with so much love. When I walked up to him he was speechless. "Y/n I- you look- wow" I giggled. "You look pretty good yourself Mr Riddle." He pulled me by the waist and kissed me.

"Shall we go?" He said putting his arm out. "We shall. " I took his hand and we walked into the Great Hall. It looked beautiful, like a Winter Wonderland.

We danced for hours, my feet started to hurt. We walked to a table and rested. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I kissed Tom on the cheek and left. I was having so much fun, probably the most fun in my life.

When I came out of the bathroom, I saw a girl sitting next to Tom, in my seat. I just stood there watching. She was all over him and he wasn't pushing her off.

Abraxas Malfoy walked next to me. "Oh Veronica and Tom wow." I turned to look at him "Huh?"

"They dated back in 4th year. After she broke up with Tom, he was depressed. He tried to get her back but nothing worked. I guess they're back together." Before I could say anything he walked off.

I looked back at Tom and Veronica. They kissed. KISSED! Wtf?! I stormed over to them. "What the hell Tom?! I go to the bathroom for two minutes and you're kissing another girl?"

Veronica smirked, "I guess he wanted to get back with me." I smacked her in the face and she ran off. "Y/n I can explain." I rolled my eyes. "I saw you Tom! You didn't push her off of you! And you kissed her!"

"I didn't kiss her she kissed me!" He said. "Why didn't you push her off?" I was furious with him right now but I needed answers. "I tried but she kept putting her arms on me. Please Y/n I love you." I dont know anymore.

I ran out of the Great Hall and to my dorm. I heard Tom yelling my name but I ignored him. I stayed in my dorm the rest of the night. The next morning I walked into the common room and sat on one of the couches. Thankfully no one was there, or so I thought.

Just my luck, Tom walks down. I get up to leave but he blocked the doorway. "Y/n please just listen to me! I would never cheat on you. I love way too much to do that. Yes she did kiss me but I didn't kiss her back!"

"But she was your first love Tom." He shook his head. "You're my first love Y/n. I never loved her the way I love you. You make me feel happy all the time. Just the thought of you makes me smile. You make me want to hug you every second of everyday. I can't lose you Y/n."

I hugged him, we melted into each other. "I'm in love with you Y/n so much in love." I started tearing up. "I'm in love with you too Tom Marvolo Riddle." He smiled and we kissed.

Yeah this was pretty long and also super cheesy but I hope you enjoyed.