Study Date (Oliver Wood)

House: Hufflepuff
Year: 5

While in potions, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He's so handsome and strong, and really good at quidditch... Oliver Wood. I've had a crush on him for almost a year now but he doesn't know that.

"You will work on this potion with your partners," Snape said. Cool my partner is pretty nice. "I will be choosing them for you." This made me nervous. Please dont be Oliver please dont be Oliver, I repeated this in my head over and over again.

"Y/n L/n and Oliver Wood." DANG IT! I really hope I don't embarrass myself. As I was dreading being partners with Oliver, he sat next to me. "Hey Y/n." He said sitting down. Merlin's beard, he knows my name! "Hi Oliver." I awkwardly smiled at him.

"So shall we get started?" He asked opening his book. "Yeah I'll get the ingredients." I got up and cursed to myself as I walked to the ingredients. "So which potion are we making?" Oliver asks flipping through the book. "Felix felicis." I say setting down the ingredients. "Also known as-" "liquid luck" we both say at the same time. We look at each other and he smiles making me awkwardly smile back.

After finishing the potion, we talked waiting for Snape to come by. I think I just fell harder for him. He is so nice and funny, and overall just perfect. We were talking about the upcoming quidditch game when Snape interrupted. "Ah well done Ms. L/n and Mr. Wood." We smiled "Thank you sir" Oliver said.

"Nice work partner!" Oliver said giving me a highfive. "Maybe we should work together more often." This made me blush a little bit. "Class dismissed." I gathered my things and left the classroom.

"Y/n!" I turned around to see Oliver running up to me. "Do you wanna maybe study in the library later today? We're pretty good at working together" AHHHHH "Yeah sure how about 3?" I asked. "I have to train someone for quidditch, is 5 okay?" I nodded "yeah sure." He smiled "Great see you then." I turned around and we went our separate ways. Oh my Merlin I'm going to be studying with Oliver Wood!

When I got to the hufflepuff common room, I was immediately met with warmth and comfort. I walked to my dorm and jumped on my bed. I ended up falling asleep and woke up at 4. 1 hour until I have to go to the library. I got up and put on a nice but not too nice outfit. I put my hair half up and half down and put on some perfume.

I dont know why I'm dressing up so nice, we're just studying. When I got to the library, it was already 5. I looked around for Oliver but he wasn't there. He was probably running late. It's been an hour and he still hasn't arrived.

Maybe I should check the quidditch field. I got up and walked to the quidditch field. When I got there, he was with a girl. He wrapped his arm around her and helped her swing the bat. They were smiling, she turned around and they stared at each other.

Of course how could I be so stupid?! Why would he ever like me? I turn around and run away. I guess Oliver saw me because I heard him call my name. "Y/n! Y/n wait!" I was crying trying to run as fast as I could but Oliver was faster. He finally reached me and stopped me.

"It's okay Oliver we could just study another time." I avoided eye contact. "I'm sorry, I lost track of time." He tried to get me to look at him but I refused. "Really, it's fine. It's just that I really like you and I thought you liked me too, but I guess I was wrong." I said really fast.

"But I do like you Y/n. You're a really cool person." I looked up at him. "Yeah as a friend" I said. I ran off before he had the chance to say anything else.

The next day in potions, Oliver kept staring at me. He did look sorry but he doesn't like me the way I like him. I just need some time first before I can talk to him again.

"Today you will be making Amortentia. It makes the person smell what attracts them most." Great, I already know what I'm gonna smell. We didn't have partners so we had to work by ourselves. It wasn't that hard actually. I just wish a certain someone was sitting next to me.

"Well done Mr. Wood." I heard Snape say "Would you care to tell the class what you smell?" Oliver leaned in and smelled the potion. "I smell Vanilla, peach, and plants." My head shot up and my eyes widened in realization...MERLIN'S BEARD THAT'S ME!

Omg thank you for 1k reads! That's crazy!