Stare(Tom Riddle)

"I don't get why you and Tom can't just call a truce" my bestfriend Penny said. Tom and I weren't enemies, we were kinda friends, but we still competitive. Neither of us would ever back down from a challenge. "We can't call a truce! Not until he admits that I'm better" I say.

"Is that so?" I turn around and see the one person we were just talking about, Tom Riddle. He has that annoying smirk he always has. "Yes. It is so." I say smirking back and crossing my arms. "Not again." I hear Penny mutter.

"Well if you're better, let's see who can get to the library on time." He said bringing his face slightly closer to mine, trying to be intimidating. "I'm just gonna go to my dorm. Bye Y/n." I hear Penny say and run off.

"Okay bet!" I say bringing my face closer to his, our faces inches away. For some reason, neither of us just pulled away. We just stood there, staring deeply into each other's eyes. I felt safe, and comfortable in this position.

None of us said a word until Tom spoke. "I think I just fell in love with you" he whispered so only I could hear.  I was shocked but I tried to play it cool. "Yeah right." I laughed it off. "Beat you to the library!" I said and ran off. When I looked back, he just stood there staring at me in awe until he finally ran too.

"Haha I beat you!" I said dancing around. He just smiled at me and rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah shove it in my face." I stopped dancing and looked at him confused. "What? No snarky comeback?" I asked.

"What's the point? You won didn't you?"  He rolled his eyes. I gasped, "a- are you admitting that I'm better?" He scoffed and I smiled. "Come on say it. Who's better?" I said pushing further. "Fine! You're better." He said finally giving up

"Wow victory sure smells nice." I said breathing in the air. We both laughed and walked to a table to study.

The next morning at breakfast, I noticed Tom staring at me. I tried to ignore his stare but I always ended up staring back. Ever since yesterday, theres been this weird tension between us.

After breakfast, I began walking to the black lake to read. Since it was the weekend, we didn't have any classes. "Y/n!" I turn around and see Tom walking up to me. "Tom hey!" I said smiling at him.

"Where are you off to?" He asked. "I'm just going to the black lake." "May I join you?" I nodded "sure." We began walkimg and the tension began to build up again. "I think we need to talk about yesterday." My breath hitched, I really didn't want to.

"What about yesterday?" I said pretending not to know. He stopped me and held my hands. "I meant what I said yesterday. About falling in love with you. After we separated from the library, I couldn't sleep. My mind always went back to you. I'll understand if you don't feel the same way, I just needed to get it off my chest."

Silence filled the air for a few seconds until I spoke. "I like you too Tom..." I paused. "But?" He looked nervous. "I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. Maybe in the future, we can be something. But for now, we can start as friends and see how it goes."

He took a minute to process my words. "Please be patient with me." I said snapping him out of my thoughts. "I'm always patient am I not?" He said sarcastically. I laughed and we walked to the lake. When we got there, laid his head on my lap while I read to him.

I'm back from my trip! I tried to write more but I didn't have enough time. I did however get a few ideas to write about. So I might post some later this week or something.

Also I'm getting my second dose of the vaccine today. I heard the second dose is more painful and has more symptoms so wish me luck 👍