Break Free (Tom Riddle)

I tried to find the comment with the request but I couldn't find it. Whoever requested this, thank you!

TW controlling boyfriend!

Y/n pov

"I'm gonna hang out with my friends in a little bit" I tell my boyfriend. He's laying on my bed while I'm tidying up my room a bit. "No" he says in a flat tone.

"No?"

"No you can't go" he sits up and looks at me with no expression. "I wasn't asking for your permission" I scoff. "Well I don't want you to go," he gets up off the bed and walks towards me, "I want you to stay here with me" he says in a softer tone with puppy dog eyes.

I sigh in defeat "okay fine." He smiles and places a kiss on my lips. "Good girl." I cringe at the nickname, I never liked that nickname. I've told him that but he says it anyway.

"Can I at least tell them I can't go? They're waiting in the common room." He groans but agrees. "I'll be right back!" I leave my dorm and go down to the common room.

"Hey Y/n! Ready to go?" Maddie asks. "Um I can't go guys. I'm sorry." I say with a frown. "What? Why? You were so excited earlier!" Emma exclaims. "I know but Isaac wants to spend time with me and I cant say no to him!"

"Can't or won't? You always choose him over us! We rarely see you anymore!" They were angry, and honestly I don't even blame them. "You know what? Forget it. Let's go Maddie." I sigh and run my hands through my hair in frustration.

I turn to walk back to my dorm when someone begins talking. "You seriously need to break up with that guy." I look at the couch and see Tom reading. "What?"

"You heard me." He didn't look up from his book. "Tom what are you talking about?" He sighs and closes the book, looking up at me. "When was the last time you actually hung out with Maddie and Emma? Last month?"

"That's not true! I sat with them at lunch yesterday!" I interrupted. "Wow what a huge achievement! Sitting with your friends for what? An hour?" I look away in shame, I haven't properly hung out with them in weeks, months even.

"Y/n you spend time with your boyfriend from the moment you leave your dorm to the second curfew strikes. I mean we haven't even hung out once since you started dating him! We were best friends!"

"We're still best friends!" I reach for him but he steps back. "Y/n, he never let's you spend time with anyone else but him. He keeps you in a cage and you dont even realize it. All the people that actually care about you can't let you out, only you can."

"Tom-"

"Y/n! Come on hurry up!" I hear Issac yell from upstairs.  "I'm sorry I have to go." I turn to walk back upstairs but Tom grabs my hand, "no you don't. Don't let him control you anymore. Break free, please." I look down at our interlocked hands and slowly remove mine. "I'm sorry Tom."

He sighs, "I can treat you better. You know I can." I shake my head and walk away, "bye Tom."

I wiped away the tears that began to form and went back to my dorm. When I walked in, he was laying on my bed again. "Finally! What took you so long?" He groaned. "Sorry, just had to make sure they understood." He nodded and picked up a picture of us from my bedside table.

"Um Isaac?"

"Hm?"

"Why don't you ever let me hang out with my friends?" He put down the picture and looked at me. "Because I'm all you need." He gave me a kiss on the lips but I didnt reciprocate.

The next morning, Issac was at my side holding my hand the second I reached the common room. He held my hand with a tight grip, almost as if he was making sure I couldn't get away. He'd shoot daggers at any guy that even glances at us.

When we walked into the Great Hall, I found Maddie and Emma laughing, which made me smile. They looked at me and their smiles faded, quickly turning around to ignore me. I frowned and followed Issac to his friends.

I couldn't eat much, I was too focused on Tom's words last night.

"He keeps you in a cage and you don't even realize it"

"He never let's you spend time with anyone else but him"

"We were best friends!"

"Break free"

"I can treat you better"

That last sentence made me rethink everything. Before Issac and I began dating, Tom would always ask about my day and make sure I was alright. He'd make sure I drank water and ate something when I'd spend hours studying in the library. He'd always be my shoulder cry on.

He was right, he could treat me better and I always knew it.

After breakfast, Isaac insisted on going back to his dorm since it was the weekend and we had no classes. He sat on the bed and patted the spot next to him. I sat a few inches away from him. He noticed and scooted closer, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt trapped and claustrophobic.

I got up and took a few breaths once I was away from him. "Y/n? What's wrong?" He had a look of concern but also annoyance. "Sorry I um just felt really hot. Y'know how I overheat sometimes."

"When was the last time you talked to Tom Riddle?" My head snaps up to look at him, where did that come from? "um I dont know-"

"Don't lie to me. I heard you talking to him yesterday." I gulped, scared of where he's going with this. I'm not sure why I lied. "I told that git to leave you alone" he muttered.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Issac what are you talking about? That's why he stopped talking to me? He was my bestfriend!" He scoffs, "bestfriend my arse Y/n! for a smart girl, you sure can be stupid sometimes. He was clearly in love with you and still is!"

I froze, everything began to make sense. His words from last night and his actions through the years of knowing him. "Finally opening your eyes now huh?" I scoff, "Tom was right! You are controlling! I'm breaking up with you."

I quickly make my way out of his dorm. He calls my name but I ignore him. When I make it to the common room, I bump into someone. Its Tom of course. He takes one look at me and his eyes soften, "y/n what's wrong?" I wrap my arms tightly around him, he doesn't hesitate to hug me back.

Footsteps come from the boys dorms. "Of course! You get mad at me and immediately run to his arms. Seems like I dodged a bullet." Tom gently removes me from his arms and storms towards Issac, punching him in the face.

He doesn't stop until I touch his shoulder. "He's not worth it Tom. Please I just need you right now" I quietly say in his ear. Before he let's go, he grabs Issac by the collar and says "you stay away from her or else we'll have problems."

He throws him back on the floor and guides me to his room. We lay on his bed in silence. My head resting on his chest while he rubs my back. "Issac said that you were in love with me. Is that true?" He takes a deep breath, "yeah it's true."

I look up at him but he avoids my gaze. "Its fine if you dont feel the same way. I don't want you to feel pressured or anythi-" I cut him off with a kiss which he quickly deepens. "I love you too. I'm sorry I didnt realize it until now." He smiles, "it's okay love. It doesnt matter anymore."

We kiss again but he pulls away shortly. "I have something for you." He goes in his bedside table and pulls out a ring. "Here," he takes my hand and slides the ring on my finger. Its silver with his initials engraved. "I've been waiting to give you this for so long. You're finally mine."

I laugh and pull him into another kiss which he quickly reciprocates.

"I'm yours"

This one got longer than I thought but that's okay. Again thank you to whoever requested this :)