Cafe Part 2 (Oliver Wood)

Hermione pov

"You just push down this lever and the bread will begin to toast." Mr Weasley's eyes widened in excitement. During my time at the burrow, I've been teaching him about muggle items.

Someone appeared at the front door. "Hey Wood, what are you doing here?" I hear Fred ask. "I need to talk to Hermione." I furrow my eyebrows and walk to the front room. "What is it?"

"Can you help me use a telephone?"

Oliver pov

"So these numbers are what you push on the phone. It'll dial her and call her." The Weasleys didn't have any phones so we apparated to Hermiones home.

I press the numbers and I hear a ringing sound. "What's that sound it's making?" I ask with the phone on my ear. "It's dialing her number." I nod, not really knowing what that means.

I anxiously wait as the phone continues to ring. After a few more seconds, I hear a voice. "Hello?" Its her. "Hi this is Oliver, from the cafe. Is this Y/n?" I ask.

"Hi Oliver! Yes it's me." Hermione gets up to leave the room and I mouth a thank you. "How are you?" I get up to try to walk around but the cord stops me. "I'm well. How are you?"

"I'm well too." There was an awkward pause. "Would you like to meet up at the cafe tomorrow?" She breaks the silence. "Y-yeah I'd love that. How about 11?" I smiled.

"Sounds good! It's a date!" She says and hangs up. A date? I havent been on a date in so long! What do I wear?!

The next day, I got to the cafe at 10:55, 5 minutes before our meet up time. I ordered two frappuccinos for us. After ordering, I saw her walk in.

"Hi!" She said sitting down with a smile. "You look beautiful" I complimented. "Thank you, you look good as well." I decided to wear a sweater since it was pretty cold.

"I ordered us frappuccinos." I said as the waitress was walking towards us. "You finally said it right!" She exclaimed and I chuckled.

During our hours talking, she told me what she does for work. She's a nurse, which is a muggle healer. It's interesting to hear how they help people without potions or magic.

"Do you want to go for a walk? Theres a park down the street." I agreed and we paid for our drinks.

We sat on a bench admiring the view. "I really like you." I admit. She turns to me and smiles "I really like you too." I smile in return.

"I know we haven't known each other long but um," I nervously fumble with my fingers, "can I kiss you?" I blurt out. Her eyes momentarily widen and then her smile widens. "Yes."

We both lean in and kiss.

Time skip

Y/n and I have been together for a while now. I havent told her I'm a wizard yet. I want to but I'm not sure how.

We moved in together last week. She was currently out to buy stuff for dinner tonight. I stayed home to finish unpacking. We had so many boxes and it would take hours to unpack.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to use a little magic.

I took out my wand and began taking stuff out of the boxes. I turned on some music too.

"Hey Ollie I wasn't sure if you wanted celery or carrots so I got both." The door slammed and I heard bags fall. I didn't hear her footsteps or the door open because of my music

I froze and the boxes fell. I can't imagine her face right now. I slowly turned around and her jaw was basically on the floor. It looked like she'd seen a ghost. "H-hi love."

"Wha- ho- what is going on?! How did you do that?!" Her eyes were widened and she made her way towards me.

"This isn't how I wanted you to find out I swear!" I told her. "Are you like a wizard or something?" She asked. "Yeah I am. I wanted to tell you for so long but I didnt know how. I'm so sorry love."

She hugged me, "At least I know now." I hugged her tighter, happy that now the secret is out. "I love you so much." She pulled away shocked. Neither of us had said the the L word yet.

She hadn't said anything and I was scared I messed everything up more. But then she smiled and kissed me, "I love you more."

"Not possible" I whispered and connected our lips again.

Just curious, what is/are your favorite chapter(s) of this book?