Enemies(Tom Riddle)

Tom Riddle and I haven't exactly seen eye to eye these past few years at Hogwarts. We constantly argue every encounter we have. We're the smartest students in all of Hogwarts which means we are very competitive with one another.

We always have to prove to each other who's smarter. "I have the highest grade in potions." Tom said with his annoying smirk. "Well I have the highest grade in Transfiguration!" I snapped back.

"Geez will you two shut up?" Some random Slytherin at our table asked. "No!" We both said and continued bickering. Sadly we have most of our classes together which is really annoying because I have to see his handsome face everyday. Wait what?! Did I really just say that? Merlin's beard what's wrong with me?

We bickered all the way to potions. "You know you don't need to follow me everywhere!" He snapped and I rolled my eyes. "We have most of our classes together you dimwit!" I snapped back.

I'm pretty sure our constant bickering annoyed everyone which is probably why neither of us have friends. When we walked into potions, we sat as far away from each other as possible. The whole class, I just thought about how much I hate that boy!

After class was dismissed, I was about to leave but Slughorn asked me to stay, along with him. "Y/n I have noticed that you struggle quite a bit in this class..." I can see Tom's signature smirk from the corner of my eye, I wanna slap it off his face. "And Tom you are the best in this class, so I would like you to tutor miss Y/n."

Tom's face dropped and so did mine. "But sir I-" I tried to say but was interrupted. "No buts. Do I make my self clear?" I sigh and we both say "yes sir" and leave. I storm out and walk as fast as I can away from Tom but of course we had the next class together as well.

"Why so upset Y/n? Aren't you happy you get to spend all day with me?" His sarcasm really pissed me off. "Just because you're my tutor, doesn't make you my friend!" I said not turning back at him. "As if I'd want to be your friend." He chuckled.

Time skip to 2 months later

Over these passed 2 months, Tom and I have gotten pretty close. "Well I guess not everyone can be smart as me." I said flicking my hair back. "Oh shut up." Tom laughed. Sure we still constantly bicker a lot but we're friends now.

"So are we gonna study in my dorm?" He asked and I nodded. Later that day in Tom's dorm we were studying for potions. I've actually improved a lot. "Wow you're getting better. Almost as good as me." I rolled my eyes at him.

He stared at me for a while before kissing me. I was so shocked, it was just a peck on the lips but it was still a kiss. "I- I uh." He stuttered and I just sat there eyes widened. "Um I should go." I said and quickly left his room. Why would he do that? Am I happy he did? I don't know

The next day at breakfast, I didn't sit with Tom. I would glance over at him and see him already looking at me but quickly turn away. It was sad not talking to him this morning.

When I walked out, it was the first time walking to class in silence. "Y/n!" I recognized that voice and kept walking but was stopped by him. "Y/n. Can we please talk?" Tom asked out of breath. I thought for a second before agreeing.

He took me to an empty corridor so we can have some privacy. "Look about last night..." "Tom it's fine really." I interrupted. "Please let me talk." I nodded and he continued. "Ever since we started hanging out more these past couple of months, I started to have feelings. Weird feelings that I've never felt before."

My breathing started to quicken. "I've fallen in love with you Y/n." "Tom I-" he interrupted before I could say anything. "please don't leave me. We can go back to hating each other if that's easier for you and that's what you want but please don't leave me. I can't live without you in my life"

I stayed silent for a few moments. "Y/n please say somethi-" I cut him off by kissing him. He was surprised at first before kissing me back with so much love. The kiss lasted a few seconds but felt like forever. I pulled away and we looked into each other's eyes. "I love you too Tom Riddle." He smiled and kissed me again.

"We should probably get to class."I said pulling away. "Wow way to ruin the moment L/n." I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Come on." I said grabbing his hand and we walked to Transfuguration.

This kinda cute actually. Lmk if you want any part 2s for any of chapters.