Prefect (Tom Riddle)

House: Ravenclaw
Year: 6

I couldn't sleep for some odd reason. I kept tossing and turning but I was wide awake. I decided to get up and walk around the corridors to try to make myself tired. I slowly got out of bed trying not to wake up my roommates, put on my shoes, grabbed my robe, and tiptoed out the door.

It was pretty chilly outside, my robe didn't help that much. It was also super dark, so I took out my wand. "Lumos" a bright light came from the tip of my wand and lit up a section of the corridor. I heard loud footsteps "who's there!" The footsteps got closer and closer. "Nox" I whispered.

The footsteps stopped right in front of me and a bright light appeared. "Ms L/n what are you doing up and around the corridors this late?" It was a stupid prefect, gryffindor. "I- I was-" before I could say anything, I was cut off. "I asked her to come." Me and the prefect turn around to the person talking, Tom Riddle. Tom and I weren't exactly close but we were kind of friends.

"Why would you do that Riddle?" I was very confused. "I needed to talk to her about something." He said walking up next to me. "And what about?" The prefect asked. "I dont think that is any of your business Papperman!" Tom snapped. "You may go." The gryffindor prefect left.

As soon as I couldn't see them anymore, I turned to Tom. "Why did you do that?" I whisper. "I think what you mean is thank you." I rolled my eyes. "Now for a ravenclaw, I expected you'd be smart enough not to roam around this late at night." Geez he's annoying. "I couldn't sleep. I figured walking around would make me tired." I looked down.

"Let's get you back to your tower." We walked silently the whole way there, totally not awkward. Once we got to the door, I turned go look at him. "Thank you for helping me." I smiled. "You're welcome." He smiled back, like genuinely smiled back. That's a shock, he never smiles.

"Y/n" I turned around. "Yes?" "Will you go out with me? Like on a date?" Wow! Two shockers in one night. "Yes. I will Tom." We both smiled. "Goodnight." He said and walked away. "Goodnight."

I know this is pretty short but I wasnt sure what to write