Chapter 13

so i decided not to do a bakugo birthday special just because i wanted to do it while the class had dorms. if i skipped to that there'll be spoilers so sorry :)

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

good! i haven't missed it yet!" sero says as he comes running to the seats in the student section.

"sero! you did great!" hagakure exclaims. the class nod with smiles and sero rubs his neck. "thanks guys. so, rai is next, right?" he asks while taking a seat next to kirishima.

"yeah and i'm so excited!" kirishima says with a bright smile. "yeah! she's so exciting to watch! her quirk is so cool!" mina says with stars in her eyes.

"she's a pretty tough competitor. hopefully this kid can hold his own." kaminari says while leaning back in his chair smirking.

"kaminari. she completely overpowered you during training, ribbit." tsu bluntly says, causing multiple students to snicker.

"aw come on! let me have this!" kaminari whines.

'come on rai. you need to win.' midoriya thinks while staying silent in his seat.

"deku are you okay? you seem to be really focused." uraraka asks, looking at midoriya with a worried look.

midoriya looks at uraraka and smiles reassuringly "n-no! it's nothing! just excited to see rai fight. her quirk is really unique and i've never seen anything like it. her look changes every time she uses it and it's really cool. she can run super fast and transmit lightning from her hands. who knows what else she can do-" midoriya starts mumbling, making uraraka sweat drop.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IT'S TIME FOR THE THIRD ROUND!" present mic yells as fire spews from the four corners of the arena.

"THIS BOY WHO WE DON'T KNOW HIS QUIKR YET BUT HE'S SOMEHOW MADE IT THE FINALS, FROM CLASS 1-B IT'S KENJI TSUYOSHI!" present mic says as the screen focuses on a boy with purple hair and purple eyes.

"VS. A GIRL WITH REALLY COOL EYES. SHE'S CONTINUOUSLY SHOWN US WHY SHE STAYS AT THE TOP, SHE WAS ALSO A STUDENT WHO WAS RECOMMENDED HERE. FROM CLASS 1-A, Y/N RAI!" present mic yells as the screen focuses on you rubbing your arm while staring your opponent.

"come on rai!" kirishima yells while smiling. the class clap and yell for you. "you got this girl! kick his ass!" mina yells while throwing her fist in the air, causing the class to look at her.

"FIGHTERS READY? AND BEGIN!" present mic yells as the crowd cheers in excitement.

'don't use your quirk as much, you'll run out. only use when necessary.' you tell yourself while running towards the boy, him doing the same. you two meet at the middle and you go in for punch at his stomach. he blocks it and goes in for a right hook.

"AND OUR TWO COMPETITORS GO STRAIGHT FOR THE HAND AND HAND COMBAT! NO QUIKRS FOR THESE TWO!" present mic commentates.

you grab the boys fist and throw it back at him, making his stumble back. you use this time to kick his stomach which you successfully land, causing him to fall back on the ground.

the boy gets up and makes his way towards you, smirking. he tries to kick you but you grab his leg and bring it down. while he's falling, you knee him in the stomach punch him in the face, making him fall again.

"AND RAI GETS TSUYOSHI ON THE GROUND AGAIN! THIS GIRL IS EXTREMELY SKILLED AT HAND TO HAND COMBAT!" present mic yells, the crowd cheering as the boy gets back up. he tries to punch you but you duck and swipe his arm away.