Chapter 116 (heroes rising)

ring!

the white phone rings on one of the desks in the lounge room. actually in his hero costume, katsuki ruffles his blond hair and picks up the phone. instead of the usual greeting everyone was instructed to give, he takes his in a ruder direction.

"what? if it's another boring request.."

he flinches and almost chucked the phone when a loud, high pitched and very annoying voice shot through the other end. even though he had it far away from his ear and there was no speaker option for the older model phone, the voice was loud enough to hear.

"villains appeared in the port!"

it was one of the kids.

izuku had just walked in, small smile on his face from a successful meeting with an elderly. he caught sight of katsuki on the phone, which was odd because he never answered any of the calls.

"you're the brat from yesterday.."

and also that line made his interest peak more. he was obviously talking about mahoro, the only brat they've met that can be classified as one. it could be another prank, and that's what katsuki was thinking, but izuku had other thoughts. it's mahoro, and maybe she could be lying, but she wouldn't deliberately call the hero line.

and easier safe than sorry.

"i'm not lying!"

izuku was quick to literally snatch the phone from katsuki. bold move, considering its katsuki.

"hi! i'm deku!" he answers in a rushed voice.

"in the port-"

the line cut off, leaving the two in a thick silence. izuku held the phone to his ear, just hoping for something to come about like a loved one hoping for the best when getting a call from the hospital. it was no use, there was nothing he was hearing. so in a demanding tone, izuku put the phone down and looked at katsuki.

"what did she say."

---

"thanks again rai! i knew i could count on you."

"no problem mr. ojima." you stood up and wiped your hands on your legs. the gray-haired man got into his tractor and pulled the string, causing the engine to reeve. a joyful smile graced the old man's lips, and he gave you a thumbs up, making you give him one in return.

you turned around and started making your way back, hearing the sound of the tractor and grass getting cut along the way. you pulled out your taser and put it to your finger, pushing the on button and letting the lightning fill your body.

it was a sudden gut feeling, but something felt off to you.

maybe it was too quiet where you were, but there was something piling up in your stomach that told you there was something odd going on.

you slowed your pace and looked down at the grass. it was moving swiftly with the wind. your hair was getting pushed back and you heard the sound of waves crashing to the shore.

it seemed like an ordinary day.

but the quiet sound was sort of eerie. wind whistled, and it gave you goosebumps. it was like that was the only sound you could hear.

but then your phone rang.

you pulled it out and narrowed your eyes at the unknown number. you shouldn't answer it, as you never answered unknown numbers. it was ringing for what seemed like eternity, and the vibration of your phone made your hand feel like jelly as you just stared at it in silence.