Chapter 79

"the provisional license exam wasn't even that long ago. them wanting to get married already doesn't sit right with me." you say while pulling up your socks.

"hm. how was her first impression? do you think you'll like her?" momo asks, sitting petite on your couch. you just shrug in response. "i don't know. i don't think i'll be seeing her often anyways so i don't think my opinion matters."

"of course it matters? you're his daughter, you should come first."

"well that's in normal families and as you know, my family is not normal." you say while turning to momo with a knowing look. "still y/n. how you see your dad's potential wife is important. if there's situations where your dad is unavailable, she's your next option by force, legally i mean." momo tries to reason with you.

looking down at the ground, you hear a knock on your door. momo immediately goes to open the door and you just stay in place, thinking over momo's words. 'even if i didn't like her, would dad care? i'd need to have some type of bond with him for my view and comfort to be a priority to him...'

"todoroki, midoriya, good morning." momo greets while letting the two in. hearing their names and their voices greeting momo back, you turn off the light and shut the door, catching the attention of the two boys.

"woah..did you get in some type of cat fight?" you raise an eyebrow at shoto who's face is covered in bandaids and scratches. "provisional classes. they've been rough lately.."

humming, you look down at the ground again. your blank face would get past anyone who aren't these three but,

not these three.

"what's wrong y/n?" izuku knowingly asks, slightly tilting his head. "she met her dad's girlfriend." momo answers for you, seeing that you weren't gonna answer.

"what went wrong?" shoto asks.

"nothing. i just don't know how to feel. they wanna get married." you speak.

"what's wrong with that?"

when those words leave izuku's mouth, something in you snaps. you don't know what's been storing up inside you but it's finally building up and like your last breakdown, you lose it.

"they've been together since our license exam." you harshly answer, sternly snapping your head to izuku. "in what world is there nothing wrong with that?" you snap, glaring at the boy.

when they stay silent, you scoff. "you wouldn't understand." you say, looking to the side with your eyes. "you don't have to worry about just bad thoughts filling your mind. you don't have to worry about whether your parent would even care about your view or not.."

"you don't have to worry about the sickening feeling that lays in your damn stomach!" you lash out.

"none of it! i'm so sick of living a life with something unfortunate happening every. single. second. i can't go one day without something happening! i can't live a normal, peaceful life. there's always something that gets in my way of that. every day..every fucking day! when do i get a break?!" you start to laugh.

"this stupid marriage is just the tip of the iceberg. there's too much shit to register that i don't even know what to be frustrated with.." your voice starts to lower.

"why was i chosen to have this life..?" you say lowly, feeling your quirk pump through your veins.

finally looking at izuku, shoto and momo who's eyes are wide, you let out a tired scoff.