Chapter 48

it starts to rain as the four boys land. they all take deep breaths to cool themselves down but bakugo immediately lets go of kirishima's hand and bends down to place your bloody figure on the ground.

"hey, speedy. wake up you idiot." bakugo says in a slight shaky tone, shaking your shoulders. you make no reaction and that makes him start to worry more.

"rai!" kirishima yells, running to bakugo and bending down next to you. tears start to form in his eyes when he sees how beat up and bloody you look.

that was him who made that huge blast.

"rai? wake up. you're free now." kirishima says in a sad tone as tears keep welling up in his eyes. the sight of you like this is too much for the redhead to handle.

"y/n?" iida says, already next to kirishima. he bites his lip as he goes to grab your cold, lifeless hand. tears also well up in his eyes as your blood gets on him. "y/n, can you hear us?" he asks in a scared tone.

"move. move. move. move. move!" midoriya says, harshly pushing all of the boys out the way. they look at each other in shock before looking back at midoriya.

"hey. y/n wake up. i know you're there." midoriya says with a forced smile, picking up your figure and placing it on his lap. he looks at your face that's littered with blood and dirt and his heart starts to beat fast. "wake up!" he then yells, reaching down to hold your hand.

midoriya's tears start to overfill his eyes, causing his vision to go blurry. it starts to thunder as he caresses your cheek and studies your blood-filled face. his eyes trail down to your exposed stomach thats also filled with blood. he then looks at your once gray sweatpants covered with splotches of brown and red. and finally, your white sneakers that have splatters of blood on them like you stepped in a puddle filled with red dye.

"y/n.... wake up.." midoriya says slightly quieter. he starts to play with your hair and kirishima, iida and bakugo just helplessly watch as midoriya tries to wake you up. rain starts to hit harder, soaking all of their hair and clothing.

"y/n, please." midoriya whispers. he brings his forehead to yours and closes his eyes, letting a few tears drop. water from his face falls onto yours as it continues to pour. "please. i need to tell you how much you mean to me. i really like you. i've realized-" he starts to whisper.

"guys! where's bakugo and-" momo stops talking as her and todoroki turn the corner to see everyone on the ground with their heads hung low.

"what's going on?" todoroki asks. he's shocked when he sees iida and kirishima look up at him with red eyes and tears threatening to spill.

"midori-" todoroki stops talking when midoriya lifts his head up, blood on his forehead. his eyes trail down to your figure and his eyes widen.

"y/n?" he trails of in a whisper. he slowly starts walking to you until he's full on running and before he knows it, he's by your side. thunder strikes down, illuminating your dirtied and blooded face for a moment until it goes dark again.

"y/n? what happened?" todoroki asks, still looking at your unconscious figure that attracts drops of rain. his mind starts to fuzz as he looks at you. his eyes start to shake back and forth as he feels his heart start to race. as much as he wants to look away, his body isn't letting him.

"Y/N!" momo cries out, running to your side. she pushes todoroki and midoriya out the way and is the last person from the group to look at you. she grabs you and places you on her lap like midoriya did and gulps as you stay limp in her arms.

"CALL THE AMBULANCE!" she yells at the boys. all of their eyes widen as she raises her voice at them. todoroki immediately pulls his phone out and steps to the side, calling the ambulance. blood mixed with the rain water starts running down your skin, making uncolored parts of your body stain with red.