Chapter 148

you hadn't slept at all. the sun was starting to peak through the horizon, and you watched it rise more and more from your spot on the rooftop. your hair was flowing behind you due to the wind as you sat criss-crossed on a thick pole. your elbow rested on your knee, and you leant your head on your fist.

you had sat still all night trying to figure out what your next move should be. your eyes caught sight of your dagger, reminding you of last night's events. you had killed spinner. you killed someone, for the first time. the first time you actually wanted to, and not just because you had to.

'well i don't know if really wanted to,' you cracked your fingers before fixing your face mask. 'i was just really ticked off.' you were never gonna be a villain. even if you had killed someone, you'd never do it just to do it.

the sound of an explosion made you perk up. in the distance you could see smoke, and immediately you tensed up. thoughts of the wedding replayed in your mind. for a second, your eyes sadly drifted to the grass below you.

i guess i didn't really realize it until now but, i've never really wanted to become a hero.

but before you could let your thoughts consume you, your eye started glowing as you snapped your head back up to the smoke.

'well im not exactly a hero either.' you stood up and stretched. 'but that's fine.' your heart wasn't set on it, and that's why it was so easy for you to leave. again, you fixed your black face mask as you stared at the bright sun that was fully visible by now.

daddy.. i wanna be a hero. like mommy.

sparks of lightning struck the sky, lines of it being left behind as you jumped and ran at insane speeds. if anyone could see you, all they'd see was a white blur, and in the daylight, you were glad. thoughts of you seeing your mom on tv filled your mind as you parkoured throughout the rooftops. they gave you flashbacks to u.a. you remember running this after your internship, and doing this a million times with katsuki. it hurt your heart, but if you'd be bested by some memories, then you knew you wouldn't survive.

sometimes it drives you to do the right thing, you know? you've done that quite a lot.

you only had your provisional license. if you were caught and recognized, you don't know what sort of trouble you'd be in with u.a. you wanted to avoid that, even though they'd find out sooner or later of your disappearance. you didn't know what would happen over there, but you couldn't worry about them.

cars were flipped over on the road, people scurrying and running all over the place. it was hard to assess the situation, but you had to do it quick. 'there's no heroes around, nor are there any reporters..' you analyzed just as you caught sight of the villain. they were wrecking havoc, and quickly you activated your quirk to spring into action. 'but it'll only be like this for a minute, so you have to be fast y/n.'

good thing you were the fastest thing the world had ever seen.

in a flash you were in front of the villain, and you kicked him hard. people stopped and gawked at the scene, but you paid no mind. just as the villain flew back, you shot your hand out where black whip went shooting towards him. in an instant the tendrils wrapped around his body. you yanked your arm back towards you, bringing the villain with you. once he was close enough, you grabbed his head and slammed it on your knee.

"w-who the fuck are you?" the villain asked, clearly in pain. they barely got a glimpse of your face before you seemingly teleported away and came back just as fast. before the villain knew it, there was rope binding him and preventing him from moving or using his quirk.