Chapter 74

warning you guys now, chapter 75 will either be very early or very late. prepare for either. some things are going on and finding time to write/edit is scarce.

enjoy :)

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"the hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships. they entail helping pros on the streets and with investigations. teachers and the principal discussed them at the faculty meeting and we all agreed...it's too soon. they should really be cancelled." aizawa says.

.....

"WHAT?!"

"awww but we already know about them!" kirishima argues. "when you think about why we had the dorms, it does make sense." kaminari says while playing with ojiro's tail.

"HAHA! serves you right!" bakugo says while slamming his hands on his desk and standing up. "just because you don't get to do one..." hagakure says while sweat dropping.

"but some people think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook. so with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about agencies. you'll only be allowed to go to ones with a good track record." aizawa says, making bakugo stiffen.

"ha!" you say back to bakugo who pales. you're not worried about this. you might've gotten a work study already. that includes you and izuku.
꧁꧂

"sir nighteye? that's who you're thinking of?" you ask izuku as you two walk the halls of u.a. "yeah! he was all might's personal side kick so he must have a lot to offer for me!" izuku says.

"funny you mention him." you say with a small laugh, looking down at the ground. "huh what do you mean?" izuku asks while turning to you.

"remember when i said there was two people with my dad that night i went to visit? and how i might've landed us a work study?"

"...yeah?"

"it just so happens that mirio and sir nighteye were the two who were there. already met the guy and it seems like that's who mirio works for at the moment." you say.

"what?! you already met sir nighteye? why didn't you tell me?"

"never asked." you shrug your shoulders. "you said all might didn't wanna introduce you to him? well you don't have to worry about that anymore. after all, mirio mentioned you too."

even if you weren't look at him, you know izuku's eyes were sparkling. "that's great! when can we meet him?" he asks with excitement dripping from him.

"i guess this saturday. nighteye himself didn't oppose the idea of us two so maybe we'll have mirio take us." you answer as you two turn a corner. "that's perfect! man your dad knows a lot of people..." izuku points out.

"yeah." you smirk. "works out for me sometimes." you say. your phone suddenly buzzes in your pocket and you pull it out to see a message.

reading the message, you quickly shut your phone off and pocket it, making izuku tilt his head at you. "who was it?"

"no one important." you wave off.

you feel izuku's stare on you as you two push open the door to the lunch room. immediately, the sound of plates clattering and all sorts of chatter fills your ears. "i'll make sure to talk to mirio about that work study." you reassure as you and izuku walk to the lunch lines. he shakes off your weird behavior and smiles at you.

"right!

saturday

"a whole day off, huh?"