Chapter 18

"you're very lucky you didn't sustain any severe injuries. just a couple scrapes and bruises." recovery girl says while kissing your arm.

you stay silent and watch as the scrapes and bruises disappear. you look at the hospital bed next to you and see todoroki laying there unconscious.

"how is he?" you ask while jerking your head towards todoroki.

"he's also fine. the use of both of his powers at the same time caused him to knock out. his injuries are already healed." she says.

'so he lost to save my life' you think while keeping your gaze on your lap. where does this put you and todoroki? you kind of switched off favors. you helped him use his fire and he saved your life.

the door slams open and you look up from your lap to see midoriya, momo, kirishima, uraraka and iida standing in the door way.

"RAI/Y/N!"

"hey guys" you say while looking back down at your lap. they all rush towards you and crowd your bed.

"are you okay?" uraraka asks while scanning your body. you nod "i'm fine. my bruises are already healed." you reassure.

"so no major injuries?" momo asks while looking at you in worry. you nod again "yeah there's nothing to worry about." you say.

"i still see faint scars though?" uraraka says while picking up your arm.

"oh that's not from this." you say while brining you arm back to your side.

"you guys are too loud! you're gonna wake the boy up!" recover girl say while stepping in between you and your classmates.

"oh todoroki! is he okay?" midoriya asks recovery girl.

"he's fine. none of them suffered anything major. he'll wake up soon." she says.

"rai you were so manly out there!" kirishima compliments with a bright smile.

"yes you were. todoroki used his flames again." iida points out. you and midoriya make eye contact as he said that.

"yeah, he did. i wasn't actually expecting him too though." you admit while rubbing your neck.

"what do you mean? wasn't that our goal?" midoriya asks.

"yeah but, i didn't really have a plan. he just happened to find my weakness so i made that plan up on the spot." you say. everyone sweat drops as you avoid eye contact.

"you mean you didn't have a plan that whole time? you were upset i had a bad plan but you didn't have one at all?" midoriya says in disbelief. you let out an amused breath.

"ironic isn't it?"

"enough! leave the girl to rest!" recovery girl says while starting to push the five out the room.

"get better rai! tell todoroki i said that to him too!" kirishima yells before the door slams in their faces.

you sigh and look at your bare arms and stomach. whoever wins between bakugo and tokoyami is who you'll be going up against for the finals.

"w-where am i?" you hear a low and raspy voice. you and recovery girl look to see todoroki starting to sit up.

"READY? BEGIN!" you hear present mic yell. you look out the window and see bakugo approaching tokoyami.

"ah you're awake. your injuries have already been healed. there was nothing major." recovery girl says while walking towards todoroki.

"how did i get here?" he asks while looking around. you two make eye contact and his eyes widen.