Chapter 34 (two heros)

landing soon. destination: i-island

"the view is pretty cool, isn't it?" you ask, looking out the window. you hear a hum as a glass sets on the table.

"it's nice" a monotone voice says. you look away from the window and in front of you to see todoroki now looking out the window.

you sigh in content, taking a sip of the steaming green tea in front of you. you groan in irritation as you set the cup down, making todoroki look at you.

"i didn't know you wore glasses, y/n" todoroki says, watching you rub the fog off the lenses. "yeah my eyesight has been pretty bad ever since i could remember." you explain.

"why don't you ever wear them?"

"i think i look weird in them. i prefer contacts." you say, pushing the frame up your nose.

todoroki tilts his head at you "i think you look fine. you should wear them to school one day." he says.

you let out a small breath as you look at the cup of tea in front of you "maybe. my hair is already turning white so what else of a shock is there?"

todoroki hums as you two listen to the jets of the plane. the cool air conditioning along with the turbulence makes for a peaceful scene.

"thanks again, for coming with me. i was not going with my dad." you say, rolling your eyes.

"thank you as well. this would've been less enjoyable if i went with my old man." todoroki says. you chuckle "the hate for our fathers is always a bond i'll share with you." you joke.

todoroki hums and you place your chin on the palm of your hand "speaking of dads, he was being weird again. i don't like it" you say.

"what happened?" todoroki asks, looking out the window. you sigh and start twirling your white strands, "well..."

---

"daughter, you're taking a friend to i-island?" you father asks.

"yeah. i'm not going with you" you bluntly say, sitting on a chair in the kitchen as your dad cooks.

"that's fine. i hope you enjoy yourself. i'll give you my card for the trip. do whatever you want with your friend" your father says.

you furrow your eyebrows and stay silent, shaking your head 'why is he acting so strange' you think.

"you have your formal wear right? for the party?"

"yeah, i have it" you answer, sipping on your tea.

"and what friend are you taking?" your dad asks, genuinely curious.

"why do you care? this isn't like you..." you say.

"i'm just trying to communicate with my daughter." you dad answers.

"it's weird" you whisper. "anyways, i'm taking shoto" you answer.

"that green haired boy?"

"no, the boy with two hair colors."

"oh shoto todoroki. endeavor's son. he was at the hospital with you."

"mhm" you hum, nodding your head.

"well i hope you have a nice time" you dad says, sliding a plate of soup to you.

you say nothing as you start eating. "we'll most likely see each other at the party" your dad says, taking a seat next to you.

you just nod, savoring the taste of your soup "how is it?" you dad asks.