Chapter 96

"alright. calamity. search that up." you pace back and forth in your room.

"calamity...m-i-t-y." izuku types out the name on his laptop. he sits near the wall, the light of the computer illuminating his face.

"this is so stupid..." bakugo whispers, spinning back and forth on your computer chair. he hates the fact that he actually does want to help you.

it's just,

"i didn't expect bakugo to be on board." shoto's usually monotone voice has a hint of amusement in it.

other people are annoying.

"shut up icyhot." bakugo grits his teeth.

shoto follows his orders, sitting quietly on the edge of your bed.

"calamity..nothing really comes up except the definition of the word." izuku scrolls through the web.

"i know what it means. it means some type of thing that causes damage or distress. or in simpler words, a disaster." your nerdy side shines for a moment.

"spot on." izuku says without taking his eyes off the computer.

"did you try searching it up and relating it near the hero network? sometimes you have to be more specific." shoto points out.

"what do i even search up in that case then?"

"the hero list idiot." bakugo rolls his eyes.

"oh yeah. pull up the list and search the name then. it could be a really low ranked hero." you nod.

"calamity.." izuku slowly types into the search bar. shoto sits next to him near the wall and together, their eyes show them skimming through the different names.

"things related to calamity, but no calamity itself." shoto shakes his head.

"then what the hell? if the name was on a list of heroes at my dad's workshop, why is it not on that list?" you rub your forehead.

"maybe she's underground? maybe underground heroes don't show up? i'll search up mr. aizawa." izuku says, typing in said name. after a couple moments of keys pressing, izuku and shoto go right back to skimming.

"it's right there. erasurehead." shoto points at the screen.

"wait." you say, making the three boys look at you. "search up daxia. apparently she's underground."

as izuku nods, shoto furrows his eyebrows at you. "who's daxia?"

"right?" bakugo scoffs under his breath.

"my dad's girlfriend. she's a hero." you answer.

"your dad has a girlfriend?" shoto tilts his head.

"right?" bakugo says slightly louder.

"yeah, i know. but emiko hebi. that's her actual name."

"no daxia.." izuku shakes his head and you look at him in shock.

"what?" you raise an eyebrow.

"hm. i don't see it either." shoto shakes his head.

"this is bullshit." bakugo grunts.

"actually y/n.. i wanted to ask you something." izuku looks up at you.

"yeah what?"

"you said daxia was gonna fight in the eri rescue, right? i didn't see her at all." izuku points out.

the room is silent as you think back on the rescue. "damn..she wasn't down there with us." you whisper and izuku nods his head. "maybe she stayed at the top with ryukyu and my dad. maybe she stuck with my dad because he's not a hero." you conclude.