Chapter 131

"okay.." your voice was a slender whisper. you had dried tears staining your skin whilst fresh ones were still running down uraraka's. the air was cold, but you found yourself sweating for some reason. the clock ticked away each second you two spent on the floor, the thick silence becoming almost too much for you to handle.

"thank you." uraraka sniffed. even though she didn't want to, her hand left your chin and dipped down to the already opened first aid kit. her fingers immediately felt cold, and wanted nothing more than your touch and warmth once more. it didn't help that her other hand left your bloodied wrist too. 'control yourself..' she repeated in her mind as her shaky hands grabbed the necessities.

"thank you.." your voice wasn't a whisper this time. it was progress, at least. you watched as she cleaned your wounds slowly, sparing you an apologetic glance before pressing the alcohol wipe down on your cuts and wounds. you flinched and hissed every single time, to which in response she whispered a 'sorry' before ironically continuing the same thing.

even though she was so focused on nurturing your wounds, uraraka's eyes caught sight of something just catching the light on your finger. it was for a split second, but long enough to catch her attention and make her look at your left hand that was resting on your lap. there on your ring finger, was a stunning green ring with the japanese tangent of 'm'. "that's a really pretty ring." she felt the need to comment.

"hm?" you looked at her in confusion for a quick second before humming again in realization. that was when you also looked at your ring and smiled. "oh, thank you."

"did deku get you that?" her heart slightly stung when asking that. "was that his gift for christmas?"

"yeah." a tiny smile graced your lips at the memory. "it's real emeralds."

uraraka looked up at you quickly before looking back down and cutting the bandage. when she saw your smile however, a bittersweet one graced her lips too. "i'm really happy for you. even like this, the talk of deku makes you happy, doesn't it?" she managed to get out without choking on her words. 'but i wish i could be the one to make you smile so easily. especially when you're in a state like this...'

"yes of course." memories of izuku washed over your brain. "he's never failed to put a smile on my face no matter what."

"that's nice." uraraka's lips were sealed tight. oh how much she hated having this conversation. of course, she wasn't angry at you. you had no idea she held these feelings for you, so it wasn't like you were rubbing it in her face or anything. for all she knows, you probably still think she's into guys. how far from the truth that one is. the next couple of minutes you two spent together was just patching up your injury. with a pair of tweezers uraraka was able to dispose of the shards of glass that were painfully sticking out of your skin. each of them covered with blood, and each of them covered with the feeling of pain. by the end the tweezers were coated with your blood. the bandages making their way around your hand were also starting to get smeared with pure red. "you'll have to change these regularly." she reminded while never taking her eyes off her task at hand. "you know that right?"

"yeah.. i do." a quick response from you made her nod.

"how bad does it hurt?" you watched her every move. "do you need painkillers or anything?"

you shook your head. "i'll be alright."

"well then it's done." the remainder of the unused bandages found themselves back into your first aid kit. "you should change. let me turn around-"

"it's fine." you once again shook your head. "you've seen my bare body before. i could care less."

uraraka gulped. then her cheeks started heating up. 'the last time i saw you like that.. i hadn't known of my feelings then.' on one side, she'd get the... glory, i guess, of seeing you unclothed. but as you stood up to grab a new pair of clothes, she found herself turning around anyways. 'don't be like that ochaco. don't be disgusting. respect her.'