Chapter 118 (heroes rising)

as nine got a taste of his own medicine and was sliding across the rough, dirt ground, izuku backflipped midair and landed next to bakugo who already set katsuma down.

"you're very brave katsuma. sorry for the delay."

"deku...bakugo.."

"watch how a real hero handles this." the blond speaks. both males keep their stares on the dust that's starting to dissolve. both are on high alert and stand in front of katsuma protectively. said child looks at them with shining eyes until they turn into one of panic and he starts whipping his head around, hoping to find a certain someone.

"sister? sister where are you!"

the dust cleared and all three boys watched you softly set mahoro down. she stared at you in shock and with shining eyes while you stared back at her with your resting face.

"y/n you're alive!"

the use of your first name had you taken aback, but you dismissed it and stood up. "i told you you're with the real deal." you said with your eyes honed in on the smoke, just waiting for nine to appear.

mahoro stared for a moment before a soft smile graced her lips. she heard her brother call out to her, snapping her out her of trance. katsuma was standing not too far from her, and had izuku and katsuki by his side like bodyguards. mahoro was relieved to see him safe and sound, and ran to him after calling his name to calm him down. the two kids reunited and simultaneously izuku and katsuki reunited with you so together, you three watched nine stand up once the dust cleared.

"how are you feeling y/n?" izuku whispers to you. "you took a lot of lightning just then."

without any of you taking your eyes off nine, you answered in a similar hushed voiced. "it's fine. the more power i have right now, the more it's gonna help us out."

"katsuma! run away with mahoro!" izuku ordered and almost immediately you heard two sets of tiny footsteps get quieter and quieter.

now that the children are gone, there's no need for any of you to hold back. you've been in sync with the two boys next to you all day, and right now is no different. you bent your knees in preparation and activated your quirks. you took off at the same time and went back to the usual routine you had earlier. this time, katsuki joined you and izuku in kicking the shield nine threw up once he saw you coming. three is better than two, and with nine's current state, it won't be long before you three get him completely exhausted.

"how did you survive my lightning?!" nine asks with the shield still separating you four.

"you know y/n has lightning too.." izuku started explaining. "but it's a special type of power."

"i'm immune to any source of lightning, including an enemy's." you wanted to smirk.

as soon as you said that, nine's shield broke and he was sent tumbling across the ground again.

"so she received it for us." katsuki's palms started sparking. "so while your dumbass thought you cleared us, you actually made her stronger."

nine caught himself before he could fall off the edge. he clenched his teeth in anger and shot ten lasers out each of his fingers. they were aimed at katsuki for some reason. all of them. so you and izuku made yourselves useful and sent your single projectiles at him. katsuki easily dodged all ten lasers and also sent his single projectiles at the villain. he was rid of his gauntlets again, and both you and him were dreading requesting some new ones.

nine deflected all of your shots with his shield and sent out two blue dragons. either that was his limit, or he was aiming for you and izuku now, seeing that the heads were flying to you two. it was no problem this time and you both reeled your legs back together like you have a dozen times. you shredded through those damn dragons.