Chapter 89

"your quirk is such a blessing, eri.." you say, dusting dust off your hero costume. you and izuku eye overhaul who has yet to make to move. using mirio's cape, izuku ties eri to his back and activates his quirk.

"your injuries are gone, right?" you whisper to izuku.

"yeah..it's eri's quirk, right?"

"yeah. she's able to rewind the physical form of any human being. can you piece together the rest?" you explain to izuku who nods.

"yeah, i get it."

"at the beginning of the school year, you always broke your bones using your quirk, no?"

izuku nods.

"you broke them because you couldn't control your power." you say, thinking back on every time you saw izuku break his body with his quirk.

"you broke your bones by emitting the most power possible since you didn't know how to keep it stable."

"...yeah..?" izuku tilts his head at you. "where are you going with this?"

"eri rewinded your injuries just now. you injured yourself by outputting a lot of damage." you raise an eyebrow at izuku.

"do you get what i'm trying to say?"

izuku stares into your white and gray eyes, trying to understand what you're telling him.

"injured by using my powers...eri rewinding my injuries..OH." izuku finally gets the memo and you sigh, shaking your head at his slowness. "yeah, i'm telling you to-"

"use one for all at 100%! eri will rewind my broken bones!" he finally explains by himself.

"yeah..but it's a matter of timing, izuku. you have to be precise." you warn.

"or else it won't work. got it." izuku nods.

'always giving the best plans..' izuku thinks, activating his quirk to the fullest. tears start to form in eri's eyes as she grips tighter to izuku.

'now that i've experienced it. and now that y/n brought the idea to life, i understand the speed at which my body continues to rewind.'

you slightly move to the side to avoid your quirk interfering with izuku's. never before have you seen his quirk so powered up. you don't ever recall seeing him at 100%.

'so, like y/n said, if i constantly sustain major injuries at an even greater speed,'

"one for all..."

'hell yeah.' you think with a smirk, letting your quirk run loose in your body.

"full cowling..."

"100%!"

'holy shit...izuku's lowkey dangerous..' you think, staring at the boy in shock. the green energy that surrounds him really tells you how powerful his quirk is. props to him, for learning to keep it under control the way he does.

"y/n."

"huh?"

"thanks."

"heh, well you do have the smartest girl in the world as your partner." you boast.

"yeah, are you ready?"

"mhm." you prepare. "i'll be right behind you."

"eri, will you lend me your power?"

overhaul looks at izuku who's fully powered up with the help of eri 'neither you nor eri knows the value of her power. quirk progress markedly when you develop them. by conducting countless experiments, i extracted eri's power and succeeded in bringing it to its end point. as a result, it doesn't stop as simply rewinding back the flesh. it winds back on a much greater scale. it rewinds the course of the species-to it's unmutated form. that's the kind of power eri possesses.'