Chapter 91 (birthday special💚)

july 15

the chirping birds are heard from your balcony door. slowly waking up, natural sunlight shines in your room, making for a nice soft light. you look down and notice someone else peacefully sleeping, arms wrapped around your waist while yours are on their head, holding them close to your stomach like a mother animal does to her child.

the special someone happens to be the birthday boy.

with a small smile, you slowly play with izuku's hair not in a rough way like you would if having a heated moment, but soft like your massaging his scalp.

'how do i do this without waking him up.' is your number one goal.

you haven't been sleeping in the same bed with izuku for long, but you know he's not the lightest sleeper in the world. that's an advantage you have right now as your goal is to get up, grab his presents and place them in his room before he wakes up and catches you red-handed.

starting with your hands, you slowly pull away from his head. his soft inhales and exhales makes your heart melt and it's sad to leave him like this. you can stay like this all day long.

but you have a mission to do.

you stay frozen when your hands completely detach, waiting to see if izuku woke up to that. luckily, he didn't and that lets you move onto the harder part: getting his arms away from your waist.

taking a deep breath, you can practically hear the mission impossible music as you slowly grab izuku's hands, stopping every few seconds to make sure you're in the clear before progressing. you manage to get his arm up, slowly scooting away from the sleeping boy while keeping his arm hoisted up. your heart stops when izuku starts shuffling. you stay completely frozen like a deer in headlights, waiting for the best or worst possible outcome.

it seems like luck is on your side. izuku's still sleeping.

letting out a quiet breath of relief, you quickly shimmy your way out of bed, wanting nothing more than to be out of this predicament. once you stand up, you look back at izuku who's still sleeping like a baby, his light snores making you smile softly. you kiss your fingertips before quickly placing them on izuku's forehead, giving him a morning kiss he won't ever have memory of before running to your closet and opening the bottom cabinets.

you smirk victoriously when the large pile of gifts sit perfectly untouched, ready to be opened and gushed over. making sure to open your door before filling your arms, you take one more peak at izuku who's out like a light.

'perfect.' you think while doing a little victory dance. you start your multiple trips from your room to his that you do in fact, have a key to. singing a song in your head, you bring the numerous boxes and bags from your room to izuku's placing them on the floor for the time being.

"rai?"

you jolt just a tiny bit, almost dropping whatever was in your hands. snapping your head to the sound of the voice, your heart starts to relax as you make eye contact with your bird-friend who's eyeing you weirdly.

"tokoyami..good morning." you greet with a small smile.

"good morning. is that for midoriya? it's his birthday, right?" his low voice bounces off the walls.

"yeah..yeah. it is." you nod, happy that someone remembered his special day.

"the class was planning on throwing a party for him. you know, like we did for you."

"yeah! that's a good idea." you nod in approval. tokoyami eyes the gifts in your arms before looking at the door to your room. "do you need assistance?" he tilts his head.