Chapter 111

number one.

your eyes dart to the first figure. they hone in on it with such precision it looked like you were a computer scanning for viruses.

two, three, four.

the list went on and on. people covered in the same fuzzy smoke you were covered in stand in a straight line. there looks to be no specific order- no sense of height, gender, or even color coordination.

five, six...

you know there's more.

there should be 4 more.

but no matter how hard you squint, those last four just can't be seen.

three of them look much older and mature than the other person. that one stands at the end of the line like they're the most recent being to experience it all.

green static.

your eyes were narrowed in like a predator watching its prey. you couldn't move no matter how hard you tried. you couldn't look around, speak, or even so try and wake up.

it's like something was keeping you there.

yellow static.

two pieces of something sticks up from this mysterious person. it looked like antlers.

black static.

this one stood before the yellow one but after another one. it looked like a buff female with some type of cape hanging off her back. you couldn't see her face, but you could clearly see her black hair.

white static.

this one was the most fuzzy to you.

another female, you knew that much. you couldn't see her face or much of her body, only her curvy figure. she stood before the black figure but after a red one.

'who are these people?'

your eyes went from a look of sharpness to one of loss.

"y/n."

you wanted to snap your head around so bad you thought you'd break your neck from force.

'that voice..'

"i thought you'd figured it out by now.."

you kept your eyes on the ten people standing before you- not that you could look anywhere else.

"i gave you the hints, you have others around you."

you couldn't speak even if you tried. you just watched silently as one of the people started to dissolve.

it was one of the ones you couldn't see.

the black static, it started to disappear. your eyes were growing wide every ticking second.

the anticipation!

just who were you about to see?

it felt like agony waiting for who was to be revealed under the moving static. you were trying to recite the voice in your head, trying to figure where the hell you've heard it from before but your mind was too filled with something else.

i thought you'd figure it out by now.

'who are you?' your eyebrows furrow in frustration.

"y/n.."

your eyes widen.

'what's your name?'