Chapter 67

"i told you to wait!" midoriya yells as he dodge another oncoming attack from bakugo. ever since the ash blond led him to field gamma, he's been trying to calm down his rage.

"you were always behind me... our whole lives. you were stuck to me. i couldn't get rid of you no matter how hard i tried!" bakugo yells, reminiscing on his childhood.

you sprint down the dark and eerie streets, ignoring any of your other surroundings. 'is this an infiltration? it can't be. the alert said students.' you think as you sharply turn a corner. you slide your feet to prevent yourself from speed wobbling, causing dust to pick up. ignoring it, you continue to run as you steady your breathing.

'so it's one of my classmates. no not one...

two students have been spotted fighting at field gamma.

'it's two. these two have to be fighting then.' you conclude. times like this, you're glad you can run faster than the average person. lightning or not. your leg enhancement makes you feel like usain bolt.

after all, your name is bolt.

large buildings come into view, signaling your close arrival to field gamma. 'this is where we had our combat training. on the second day of school.' you think as you skid to a stop.

explosions are seen. huge explosions. you huff in and out as you try to process what the hell is happening. a building gets hit, causing wind to pick up. you cover your eyes as multiple pieces of dust and rocks fly towards you.

'explosions... the answer is clear who it is.'

licking your lips, you watch as another explosion sets off. "stop running! stand up and fight!" you hear, making you purse your lips. 'i knew it. why is bakugo here so late at night?'

"listen to me!"

'izuku?' you think as your eyes widen. if his voice didn't prove his presence, a trail of green lightning that sparked right after his words would've.

'bakugo and izuku.... fighting?!' your breathing starts to steady as you shake your head. you slowly start to creep to an empty
building in hopes of getting a better look.

'absurd. why are these two sparring right now...' you think in annoyance, watching the two childhood friends take anger out on each other.

"we both admired all might. so why?!" bakugo yells, jumping to midoriya. before he can land his attack, midoriya swiftly grabbed his shoulders, delaying his reaction time. as his arms were grabbed, bakugo used his legs to kick midoriya away.

'should i step in? what do i do... maybe i should've gotten mr. aizawa..'

bakugo goes in for another attack, palms sparking and ready to let out another explosion. before midoriya could get exploded in the face though, he used his legs to kick bakugo's arms up, making the large explosion set off in the sky.

you cover your head as small rocks fall on you. the ground starts to shake, causing you to step on a rock and stumble back. if you didn't have quick reflexes, you probably would've blown your cover. but thankfully, you were able to catch yourself before that happened.

"tell me!" bakugo yells again, losing his footing and falling to the ground. he starts to breathe heavy as he doesn't get back up, worrying midoriya.

"hey, are you alright?" midoriya asks, holding a hand out to bakugo. the ash blond wasn't having any of it though, simply slapping his hand away.

you start to take steps forward, deciding to intervene. but your body completely stills as bakugo speaks again. "don't you dare worry about me! attack me!" the ash blond yells as he gets to his feet.