Chapter 125

minutes earlier

'there!'

izuku parkoured his way to shinso who was casually walking like he wasn't in a battle. he's right where you said he was. izuku wastes no time in activating his quirk and sending an air cannon at him. shinso jumped back behind a wall, his voice booming due to the mask he had on.

"so you've split from your duo partner. that's considerate on your part, but also selfish."

izuku furrowed his eyebrows but kept his mouth shut. sure monoma could've copied brainwash, but he's dealing with the user himself. he jumps off a pole and shoots another air cannon at shinso once he sees him.

"how is that selfish? well, you just wanted to get rid of some dead weight, of course."

izuku landed in front of shinso with a confused glare. he would yell and ask what the hell shinso was talking about, but it wasn't needed. he was so easily readable, which shinso pointed out. "she's not strong enough to be around you, isn't she? must be nice not having to worry about someone other than yourself?"

the fucking audacity. 'is he calling y/n weak?!' izuku glared harder at shinso than he ever has before.

"you know," shinso starts after he dodged yet another attack. "i don't know why my team hyped her up to be such a big deal. she's lackluster, and always getting herself into danger."

'he's done this before, back at the sports festival.' izuku flashes back to shinso and his very not nice words towards his ojiro. 'don't let it get to you izuku.'

"those who claim to be strong don't get kidnapped by the league now, don't they?"

anger was fueling inside izuku's body. sure, shinso was doing it on purpose, but that doesn't mean it can't anger the hell out of izuku. he jumped in the air and positioned his hands ready, with his left hand on his right wrist. his fingers were in a flicking position, frustration written all over his face.

"she's at fault for ending the symbol of peace."

that fucking did it for izuku. his mind forcefully flashed back to that horrific night.

seeing you unconscious in the villains arm.

disappearing right in front of him.

watching you get hit and covered by rocks.

shivering while holding your wet, slippery, unconscious body that cold, devastating night.

screaming his heart out not once, but twice for you.

something started building up in him.

something unfamiliar.

until black tendrils with a forest green outline shot out his hand. all that anger pent up disappeared within izuku and was instead replaced with shock. 'what is this?!' he yelled in his mind, staring down at the sudden tendrils with gritted teeth. he tried to contain it and maybe even make it disappear by vigorously shaking his hand, but nothing worked. in the distance he caught shinso's surprised face as he started booking it the opposite direction of izuku. said boy put his foot on his wrist to try and contain whatever the hell just came out his body, but then that same feeling started bubbling again.

don't let her near you.

'..what?!' poor izuku was so confused and frustrated. 'why? what's going on? it was fine just now-'

as to taunt him, the tendrils grew larger. it seemed like they were trying to consume izuku, but instead they just went even more haywire.

"run!"