Chapter 53

"rai!"

you groan as your back hits the mattress again. you feel multiple bodies pile onto yours and you try to catch your breath as you stare at the ceiling.

"g-girls! can't breathe..." you say, tapping someone's back. they all immediately get off of you and you let out a couple of coughs as you sit straight, hearing multiple pieces of paper and plastic.

you look at all of the girls from your class holding something in their hands. whether it be flowers, a teddybear or a card. "you guys got that for me?" you ask, looking at each of them.

"of course! girl we were worried sick for you!" mina says as she's the first to hand you her gift. you look down at your hands to see a hot pink teddybear with black zebra stripes and you smile small.

"it was like a funeral this whole week." jirou adds, giving you her gift. it's a card with a guitar on the front cover. you open it and see a gift card to a music shops and your eyes subtly light up.

"i'm so happy you're okay!" uraraka says next, handing you her gift. you smile at the small bouquet of pink roses. "you're a magnet for bad luck, ribbit." tsu says, handing you a container filled with fruit.

"everyone was crying! it was like waterfalls the whole week! we really thought you were gonna die." hagakure says, adding a white teddybear with heart shaped chocolates in its hand to the pile.

"i visited earlier but i couldn't help but not visit again. i'm happy you're okay." momo finishes off, handing you a 100$ gift card to the cafe you both first hung out at.

"girls... thank you." you say as you look up at the six, smiling softly. "she smiled! we've accomplished our mission!" hagakure says. you can imagine she's pointing at you due to the sleeve of her shirt being lifted.

"have i never smiled around you?" you ask as you tilt your head. "not really." jirou answers. you look down at variety of gifts in your hand. you feel your hair fall in front of you as you smile small "well i'm glad anyways. thank you girls."

"how are you feeling, ribbit?" tsu asks, making you look at her. "nothing really hurts." you answer truthfully.

"did you find out about your-"

"yes, i did. and i'd rather not talk about it right now." you cut off. the girls nod as you look back down at the gifts. you don't feel anger anymore, just lost.

"your hair was changed, rai." hagakure mentions, hoping to light the mood up. you hum and look at your new hair "oh yeah, it's like a trail now." you say as you softly place all the gifts down. you bring your hands to your hair and start messing with it.

"it looks so cute! you look so pretty rai!" uraraka says as she claps her hands together with a wide smile. "i agree. your hair is so (h/l) when it's down. how come you never leave it down?" jirou asks.

"i just want it out my way. should i leave it down sometimes?" you ask, picking up your two fully white strands and making them meet in the middle, making you cross-eye them.

"yes!" the girls exclaim. you let out a small laugh as you let the strands go. "i'll keep that in mind." you say. "i'm pretty sure midoriya will like it." you hear momo say.

you look at her and see her smirking at you then you look at the other girls who are smirking at you. "seriously?" you deadpan. "oh come on! it's so obvious you two have a thing for each other!" hagakure exclaims in excitement.

"its love!" mina adds as she sways side to side. you sigh as you think of the green haired boy. if you weren't so shocked earlier, you would've had more time to enjoy when his arms were around you. you love when he picks you up and spins you around. it's like, his thing that always makes a smile spread onto your face.