Chapter 147

'my body hurts like shit.'

the sky was pitch black, the wind cold. how could people wear hero costumes that didn't cover their entire body? or maybe you were just someone who was always naturally cold. all types of buildings, whether the lights were on or off zoomed past your vision as you flew as fast as you could. jumping from rooftop to rooftop gave you memories of u.a, and it had only been a couple seconds since you left.

it was gonna be hard. you turned your back on everything and everyone in a matter of seconds. the thought made your tears fly off your face and into the sky like mere speckles of dust. either they'd disappear before anyone could see them, or they'd make their mark on the ground below.

it was so dark out you were barely able to make out the outline of your house. it was pitch black inside, as it should be. the door was only a couple feet away, and as you deactivated your quirk to start walking, memories of coming here with your classmates and friends filled your mind. it made you sad again, knowing you'd probably never see any of them again. you left without saying goodbye; without saying a single word.

you just vanished.

they would probably hate you, like izuku probably does. you didn't wanna do that, but just like he had forced himself to leave you, you forced yourself to leave him. it'd be hypocritical of him to be upset, but you knew he wouldn't care. would he try going after you? that, you didn't know.

'shoto, katsuki.. i'm really sorry.' those two idiots meant the world to you. you still remembered when you first met them. all of you hated each other, and the thought makes a sour lob-sidied smile grace your lips. as you unlocked your door and made yourself in, immediate coldness covered your skin like it did when you were outside. but this was a different cold. it reminded you of reality: you were all alone.

your eyes went wide at the sight. every single thing was utterly destroyed. the couches, tables, small decorations, lights were shattered; glass all over the floor. big and small pieces of wood and other types of materials flooded the floor. it made your heart sink as you took in the environment. wherever you looked, it was nothing but destruction.

'emiko.. riku.' you sighed deeply as you carefully walked into the place you used to call home. the floors creaked a little with some of your footsteps. the smell of dust and cold haunted basement filled your nose. oddly enough, you liked the smell as you roamed the kitchen. the lights didn't work, since no one was paying the bills anymore. it smelled like rotten food, making you cover your already covered nose.

'like a ghost town.' distant memories of you living here like normal played with each room you went into whether it was from before or during u.a. once you had finished exploring the downstairs, you went up. the hallways and doors were the exact same. the walls were scratched and in terrible condition. "first you ruin my life, then my home." anger filled you. the audacity.

the first stop was your room. it was mostly empty, since you had all of your stuff at the dorms. but whatever was left behind, it couldn't be saved. why they did this? you didn't care why, you just wanted to make them pay. everything they did was more of a reason to do what you were doing.

you were going to find them and kill them both.

"and i don't care the consequences." you declared, bent down and staring at a picture of you and your dad. the glass was shattered, but the picture was in perfect condition. after you had scraped the glass away, you lightly touched your dads cheek with your finger. it was a simple picture of you two posing, you holding one of his inventions with a tight smile. but you could tell you were pretty amazed with what you were holding. your dad knew that, evident of the proud smile on his face as he had his arm hooked over your shoulder.