Chapter 123

field gamma

"it's finally time!" hagakure bounced on her feet separately like she needed to use the bathroom. "aren't you excited?!"

next to her was jirou, uraraka, tsu, shoji, and mineta who were staring at her half shocked, half impressed. "hagakure, aren't you cold?" jirou finally asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"super cold!"

"you've got guts.." uraraka comments before mina quite literally slides into the conversation to boast about her new costume.

"i'm wearing my winter version too. isn't it cool?"

pun intended.

while others talked about how the seasons were changing and it was getting colder, you were off to the side with your lightning saber in your hand. you swung it around like some professional with a bored expression, watching as tiny lightning sparks flew and vanished into air and hearing the whirring sound of your weapon, signaling how fast you were really twirling it with your hands. you threw it behind your back, switched hands, and even tossed it in the air like some conductor at a festival while your classmates were still rambling on about their costumes. you even heard your dad's name get brought up a couple times, reminding you that you he had quite the visit coming from you.

but still, that thought didn't stop your classmates from getting his name out their mouth. "y/n, everyone's new winter costumes look great! your dad is amazing at what he does!" momo complimented while eyeing her new silky red cape fancily.

"kachaan yours is different too!"

hearing your boyfriend's voice directed at the three sets of footsteps behind you made you slow down your swinging. you turned your head half way and spotted katsuki leading his little trio consisting of kirishima and kaminari. you knew they thought they looked cool, and some part of them did. but when words left katsuki's mouth, it was sorta flattened.

"huh? if you've got something to say, say it to my face!"

"he just did." your voice caught their attention and now they looked at you who had just simultaneously caught the glowing saber, the reflection of the light skimming past your iris in a cool-looking way. more than their entrance, anyways. when you and katsuki made eye contact, you looked him up and down. you haven't even seen this costume for more than three seconds but you can already admit you prefer the long-sleeved costume over the sleeveless one.

"he's a damn nerd!"

you rolled your eyes and just walked away. on your way away, you heard izuku ramble on about katsuki's new improvements. they just got shut down however, when katsuki yelled about 'not praising it', like what?

once you found yourself alone, you leaned your head back on a building and closed your eyes. you're excited to see where this'll go, and you're more excited to see what moves your classmates have been working on.

but you also wanna see the look on monoma's face when he gets utterly destroyed.

that thought made you smirk, and you were fantasizing crushing him and his class until you heard a monotone voice you that you knew all too well. "you seem bothered today."

creaking your eyes open, you lean your head off the wall and stare at shoto who's standing right in front of you. his costume hasn't changed at all, from what you can tell by looking him up and down. but remembering his words, your eyes started sparkling with mischievousness. "nope. i'm ecstatic to see how today goes."