Chapter 38

"good news! since this is private land, you can use your quirks as much as you want! you've got three full hours. you should be able to make it to camp in time. that is, if you survive the beasts' forest!"

your classmates groan and whine as they start to stand up. in the midst of you falling, you were grabbed by midoriya so together, you were able to steady your landing meaning you didn't fall as hard as your classmates.

"the beasts forest?!"

"that sounds like a name straight out of a fantasy game!"

as your classmates continue to whine, you notice something forming in the distance. without taking your eyes off the dust, you tap midoriya's chest repeatedly.

said boy turns to you "y/n?" he asks, looking at your hand on his chest then back at you. you don't say anything as you nudge your head in the direction your looking.

this makes midoriya advert his eyes to where you're looking and his eyes slightly widen. "what is that?" he whispers in shock.

"don't know but it's going down." you say while smirking. your quirk activates and since you still have your hand on midoriya's chest, his quirk activates too.

the dust grabs everyone else's attention and when they look where you and midoriya were just looking a moment ago, they see a giant earth-beast standing before them.

"detroit... SMASH!"

before any of them can take charge, green and lightning is seen and a split second later, the early beast drops to the ground with white lightning surrounding it.

you kick the dead beast and it flies into a tree, disintegrating into nothing. you take a deep breath as you deactivate your quirk, walking back to your class with midoriya by your side.

"rai! deku!" uraraka calls out, making you and midoriya look at her. you wipe your mouth with the back of your hand as midoriya rubs his wrist.

"you two took that thing out? so manly!" kirishima says while pumping his fist into the air.

the ground starts to shake again and you all try to steady your footing as more beasts appear. "damn..." you whisper under your breath, turning to look at all the different beasts.

"u.a really likes to make us struggle, huh?" denki says, sighing in preparation.

"we need to work together to stop these things! who's with me?" midoriya asks in a cheery tone, pumping his fist into the air.

everyone follows suit except you. excitement isn't really your thing. your wrist is grabbed and your arm is suddenly thrown into the air.

you furrow your eyebrows as you look at midoriya who has both arms in the air. one of them holding your wrist in the air.

"really?" you deadpan, making midoriya turn to you and smile. you sigh as you stare into those green eyes, a smile coming onto your face as you do.
                                   ꧁꧂

you and kaminari run up to a beast, lightning ready. "you ready?" you ask the yellow-haired boy next to you.

he smirks as he continues running "only if you are sweetheart." he winks. you roll your eyes as you both run up the spine of an earth beast.

you both smirk as you store lightning in your hands, slamming them onto the beast's head. with both of your lightning combined, the beast didn't stand a chance.

you and kaminari fist bump, making your lightning spark together. you hear more beasts form and you start running, deactivating your quirk and catching up to momo and sero.