Lovesick

Summary: Reader's niece conveniently comes down with flu on one of her busiest work days of all time, but a certain genius volunteers to babysit.

"Y/L/N."

You turned around. "Yeah?"

Hotch handed you a stack of papers. "These are all new ones for you to sort through."

You exhaled. "I just got a batch—"

"I'm sorry about that, but I need those and the press report by the end of the day."

You inhaled sharply. "Will do."

"Thank you." He turned around and walked off wordlessly.

You took over Penelope's part-time liaison duties a few months ago, and it was not easy at all. You couldn't imagine how much JJ had to do back when she was the liaison and had to travel. Sort through completed cases, finish reports, hold off press, pick out new cases, it was just a constant flurry of papers and phone calls.

"I figured this was a two coffee sort of day."

You glanced up, your expression softening at the sight of Spencer. "It definitely is."

"Half a packet of sugar and two shots of cream."

"Wow, great memory." You grinned.

"It's kind of my thing."

"You don't say."

"I won't distract you any longer, it looks like you've got...a lot on your plate."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Nice talking to you too, Y/N."

You flashed a very obnoxious smile, pressing your palm to your cheek as you continued reading through the files. How pleasant, mutilated women! This was going to be a fun day.

About 2 hours into your wonderfully exciting workload, your phone began to buzz. No distractions, Y/N. You ignored it, moving on to the next folder. The phone buzzed again. Don't pick it up. You restrained yourself, scanning the pages and filling in the necessary parts. Again.
"Oh my god," you muttered, picking it up. "Hello?"

"Is this Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Yes, it is. Who is this?"

"Hi, my name is Nurse Harper at D.C Prep. Lilith threw up in class and is currently running a rather high fever, we're going to need you to come get her."

You glanced at the large stack of papers and the clock. Dammit, Lilith. Why today? "I'll be there."

"See you soon."

You flopped your head onto the pile of folders, groaning.

"That doesn't sound good."

"Are you spying on me?"

"You're a very loud complainer."

You glared at Spencer. "My niece probably has the flu, and I need to get her and finish all of this within the next few hours."

"I'll get her."

"What?"

"I drive to her school, pick her up, and drive her back to your place."

"She's sick, someone needs to watch her—"

"I can do it."