Snooping (Pt. 2)

Summary: Mia helps Spencer and Reader navigate their wedding 3 years after meeting Reader for the first time.

Requested by @gwen_winchester16 :)

"You're shaking."

"Am I? Didn't notice," Spencer breathed out.

Mia grinned, ruffling his hair. "Y/N loves you, it's not like she's just gonna get up and run away. It's your wedding for God's sakes!"

Spencer smiled slightly. "I know, but it's just...it's crazy."

"If anyone deserves to marry the love of their life, it's you, Spencer."

"Thank you, Mia."

"I'm gonna go see how Y/N is doing."

"See you soon."

"You look great, Y/N and you are made for each other, quit stressing!" She headed out the door and walked through Rossi's house, entering another room where Penelope, Emily, and JJ were with you.

"Mia!" You smiled brightly.

"You're way too pretty to be marrying Spencer," she murmured.

"Oh please," you said, giggling. You glanced at the other 3. "Could I talk to Mia for a sec?"

The girls smiled, nodding and leaving the room. "All good?"

"I know this wedding isn't exactly...traditional."

Mia chuckled. "You didn't even know about it until today."

"I know, I can't believe they pulled a JJ on me." You shook your head. "But uh...do you mind being my unofficial maid of honor?"

A shocked expression morphed into a smile as Mia threw her arms around you. "Nothing would make me happier."

"I still can't believe you're the same girl I met three years ago."

Mia smiled softly. "We have a wedding to attend."

You stood up, looking in the mirror as you adjusted the little crown of flowers Henry had made for you, you preferred it to a veil. "Yes, we do."

Mia wasn't an overly emotional person. You and her often had little movie nights when Spencer was on cases, and you would be bawling over a movie while she sat there calmly. But when she saw the look on Spencer's face as you walked towards him with Rossi as your unofficial dad/escort, she found herself fighting tears. The way he looked at you as if you were the only person in the world, all of that love and adoration, it was truly something.

"Hi." You giggled nervously.

"Hi." Spencer gazed at you adoringly.

"Alright," Rossi said, stepping up. "Guess who's a certified minister now?"

You scoffed. "You're kidding."

"Nope! Let's get this show on the road, eh?"

If Mia thought it was hard to not cry when you simply walked down the aisle, she honestly had to hold her eyes open for long amounts of time to keep the tears from falling as you both said your vows.

"And do you, Dr. Spencer Walter—"

"Do you have to say the Walter?"

"Shut up, let me finish."

He sighed. "Sorry."

Rossi cleared his throat. "Do you, Dr. Spencer Walter Reid, take Y/N L/N as your lawfully wedded wife?"

Tears began appearing in the eyes of the guests, even Hotch. "I do." How could two words have such an impact?

"And do you, Y/N L/N, take Spencer Reid as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," you whispered.

"You may now kiss the bride!"

You and Spencer were painfully awkward with PDA, but he just kind of screwed that and pressed his lips to yours. You couldn't help but laugh as you kissed, both in the shock of being married. Mia fanned her eyes subtly, not wanting anyone to see.

Dinner was fun, everyone chatting, telling stories, etc. Emily nudged Mia, whispering in her ear. Mia nodded, standing up.

"Uhm...hi." The table quieted, the group facing her. "Oh I didn't expect that to work but okay!"

Everyone chuckled.

"I uh I just wanted to uhm say something about Spence and Y/N..." You smiled at her. "You guys all know how I ended up here, and it wasn't exactly the best time of my life. I don't really know what would've happened if Spence didn't insist on bringing me to DC, but I'm really happy he did..."

Everyone smiled at the young girl.

Mia cleared her throat. "I was 14 when I came to live with Spencer, and I know he didn't really know it, but I saw how hard everything got for him sometimes."

Spencer looked sympathetic.

"It was weird because...when he met Y/N, I saw it start to go away. I can't really describe what it was, but he was happier after meeting her. I mean I hope I had a similar impact, but it just kinda felt right when they were together, you know?"

You laughed gently.

"My uh my point is that...Y/N has been the older sister that I didn't really know I needed, and I am so so lucky that she lowered her standards for Spencer."

"Hey!" Spencer scoffed.

"Shhh, I'm complimenting your wife."

You snickered. "Carry on, please."

"I just—" She inhaled. "I don't really know what I'd do without either of you. Spence took care of me then and still does, Y/N has made me feel like a normal teenage girl with a family who cares about her. And thing is...I don't have to feel like that anymore because I do have a family who cares for me. Thank you, both of you." She nodded, sitting down.

You laughed softly, wiping your eyes. "Mia."

"Uhuh?"

"I love you."

You had said it to her in a more joking and light hearted manner before when she did something funny or made you food, but the tone of your voice this time was almost motherly. It was enough to make the girl lose it, tears starting to stream down her cheeks.

"No, you're gonna make me cry," you murmured as you sniffled, running over to hug her.

She wrapped her arms around you, crying into your shoulder as Spencer hugged both of you. "I love you both. I love our little family of 3."

You and Spencer glanced at each other. "4."

"What?" Mia pulled back.

"Surprise," you said, smiling.

"You? You're..?" She motioned to your stomach, her eyes lighting up.

You nodded excitedly. "Aunt Mia."

Mia squeezed you and Spencer into a hug, the rest of the table stunned by the news. Penelope was bawling.

Mia finally felt like everyone was getting their happily ever after.