Cuffed (Literally) Pt. 2

Summary: (This is a part 2 to the previous chapter, so I'd read that first) Reader has been with the FBI for a few months, but everything isn't as perfect as they hoped, something that catches Spencer's attention.
Warning: Mentions of murder, psychotic breaks, death

"So how've the first few months been?" Penelope sipped her coffee.

"Good, good. Uh my team is nice and stuff."

"They're almost as cool as us."

"Nobody is as cool as you, Penelope Garcia."

"I can't deny the truth."

Your phone buzzed. "What do you know?"

"Another case?"

"Ding ding."

"I just got off the hook, they're flying back now."

You stood up. "We'll reschedule lunch then."

"Farewell!"

You waved, quickly walking back to the main building from the small café nearby. You were getting used to everything still. The entire building gave off such a pristine vibe, but it wasn't the class and seriousness that was rough. It was the people. Most people still couldn't grasp that you weren't a bad person who wanted to help the trio, they just seemed to assume that you were a psychopathic hacker who wanted people to die. You ignored it. No need to give them another reason to say I'm crazy.

"There you are," Matt said as you walked into the briefing room.

"Sorry, Penelope and I—"

"—went to coffee again?"

You grinned. "I like her."

"I can't blame you."

"Less talking, more briefing." Jack tossed you the remote.

"Ok uh..." You fumbled with the buttons, still getting used to them. "So some hikers in Peru got kidnapped 9 hours ago, the same thing happened 2 years back on a nearby climb."

"We gotta head over, we'll look through the files on the plane," Jack told you.

"Okay uh see you guys later." You smiled awkwardly as they left. Now I wait around for hours while they fly over.

"Why did the bureau hire you if you were just gonna sit around and play The Sims all day?"

You looked up. "Nice to see you too, Spencie."

He sighed. "Where's your team?"

"On their way to Peru."

"Sounds fun."

"Yeah because missing hikers is super fun."

Spencer ripped a bit of his donut, handing it to you. "Emily brought them, but I think you might need it more than me."

"What gave it away?"

"Your sarcastic flare is missing." He sat down next you. "What happened?"

"Nothing, just tired." You quickly ate the bit of the donut. "I'm gonna get a head start on the background checks, I'll see you later."

"Oh uh see—" You left the room. "—you..."

Spencer had a love-hate relationship with paperwork days. Not being at constant risk of dying was nice and all but aimlessly sitting at a desk and writing was not. Though he did have a slight advantage, something like an eidetic memory or whatever. "I don't know what they were thinking hiring her." He perked up slightly, listening in on the slightly hushed conversation between a few interns.