Saltine Crackers

Summary: Reader is worried what Spencer's reaction to her pregnancy will be and attempts to cover it up.

"Boo!" You jumped, your boyfriend's arms wrapping around your waist from behind. "Hi."

You rolled your eyes. "I'm gonna overcook the pasta."

"Mmm, I don't care." Spencer nuzzled his face in your neck.

"Yeah, your rumbling stomach tells me otherwise."

"Long day," he sighed.

"Tell me about it after I don't burn the pasta."

"Fine." He pecked your lips, going into the other room to put everything down. You sighed. How am I going to tell him? Spencer loved his job. He was dedicated, and you knew it very well. Of course he made time for you, but he was stretched thin between the two as it was. A baby was certainly going to screw the perfect balance up big time. He was 33 now, you were 30, maybe it was time. But at the same time, you couldn't see his career ending anytime soon. "I'm back."

You snapped out of your thoughts. "Hey."

Spencer furled his brows. "All good?"

"I'm fine, don't worry." You smiled softly. "Should we eat?"

"Sure." You both sat down, Spencer talking about why the day got a little hectic. You usually listened attentively, chiming in often with your own experiences. What if he doesn't want a kid yet? His job is dangerous, he doesn't need that pressure. Oh god, what am I gonna do? Spencer noticed your silence. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?" You looked up.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, yeah! I'm just tired. Work and stuff."

He nodded slowly, eyeing you. "Make sure you get sleep tonight, okay?"

"I will," you whispered.

"Well, after Kate said that..." He continued talking. He's so happy with the way things are, I can't ruin this for him. "Y/N."

"Hm? I'm listening."

"You're not, I just started speaking Russian."

You exhaled. "I'm sorry, Spence."

"Are you sure you're alright?" His eyes softened.

"I am, I promise."

"I know what this is."

Your eyes widened. "Y-You do?"

"Yeah, you're on your period. Here, let me get the tea."

"U-Uh yeah! Sorry...bad day."

"Go sit down, I'll clean up." You nodded, smiling softly. Oh my god, you stupid girl. "Oh, I have your favorite herbal tea—"

"No!" You quickly interjected. "No herbal tea...today." You had read that it could cause issues with a baby.

"Oh alright, is green tea fine?"

"Yeah...just a little though. I-I don't need the caffeine." You smiled nervously.

"Good idea, you need sleep." You exhaled, your eyes focusing in on your stomach for a few seconds. "Here." He handed you the cup.

"Thanks," you whispered, slowly drinking it. Being totally honest, you didn't have the biggest appetite for certain things anymore. I guess that's normal.

"Sorry if your day wasn't so good because of that."

"Y-Yeah, it's fine."

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"Kate's pregnant!"

You choked on your tea. "She is?"

"Yeah! Isn't that exciting?"

"So exciting," you breathed. "I-Is she gonna balance the job and that?"

He shrugged. "It would be pretty hard, don't you think? She already has Meg."

"Yeah..." You gazed aimlessly at the wall.

"Are you okay? You look a little pale."

"Oh yeah, just uh nausea and stuff."

Spencer nodded. You didn't usually get nauseous on your cycle. "You might want to try fresh orange juice, it's high in vitamin C and can ward off your cramps."

"No thanks." No fruit juice. Spencer narrowed his eyes on you. "I'm just gonna go to bed."

"Alright..."

You quickly got up, walking into your room and closing the door. Spencer turned around, looking absolutely puzzled.

"Why do you keep eating those?" Spencer asked.

Kate chuckled, putting down the pack of crackers. "You've never been pregnant, huh?"

"You don't say."

"They help settle morning sickness."

"Oooh, the sodium. I got it."

"Yeah sure, science stuff."

He snickered, sitting down at his desk. "Science stuff."

"I'm back."

"Ooh, you're back earlier than usual." You sat on the couch, reading and eating a pack of saltine crackers. Spencer noticed them right away. "How was your day?"

"Good...you?"

"Fine." She shifted, the blanket covering her stomach a little more.

It all came together in his mind at once. The nausea, the crackers, the blanket, how she's been jumpier lately, the tea, the fruit juice, everything. "Y/N?"

"Mhm?"

Spencer sat down next to you. "I think there's something you aren't telling me."

You looked up at him, and you knew he knew the moment your eyes connected. You bit your lip. "Surprise."

"You're..?" He motioned to your stomach. You nodded slowly. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked softly.

"I was afraid that with your job and everything...it wasn't in your plan yet."

He laughed quietly, placing a hand on your cheek. "Y/N, everything about you is in my plan." You smiled softly, your eyes filling with tears. "I'm gonna be a dad?"

"Yeah," you replied quietly, a smile breaking out onto your face.

"I'm gonna be a dad...I'm gonna be a dad!" You laughed as he pulled you into a hug. "Oh, I'm sorry." He loosened it. "I love you."

"I love you too," you whispered.

"Now sit down, oh my god. Do you need something?"

You giggled. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Have you been morning sick?"

"Only a little."

"If you have any irregular pain—"

"Last time I checked, you were not a medical doctor."

"I'm qualified enough," he mumbled, placing a hand on your stomach. "I just want this...thing...to be healthy and happy."

"I know you do." You smiled at him.

"I have to tell my mom...and like everyone else."

You giggled. "Let's call her together."

Spencer kissed your stomach. "Okay."

Well, that went well.