Rooftops and Deep Talks

Summary: After a conversation on the Academy rooftop, Spencer spent years thinking about the person, Reader, he spoke to only once, only to meet them again in a place he never expected to see them.

"I hate outdoor training days," your roommate, Josie, mumbled as she flopped onto her bed.

You groaned, stretching your back. "If I have to lift another training dummy over my back, I'm gonna kill someone."

"Don't say you're gonna kill someone in the middle of an FBI training academy!"

You grinned. "Profile me."

"Hmm...unsub is a very stupid female who is also incredibly hungry."

"Wow, you are good."

Josie dug through her drawer, tossing a chocolate bar at you. "I snuck a few things by during the last dorm check."

"Bless you, Josie Lopez."

She flipped her hair. "I know."

You exhaled. "Hotchner scared the living shit out of me."

"Agreed," Josie said, her food muffling her speech.

"He's just got tnis death glare, it's piercing."

"He's kinda cute though."

You scoffed. "I'm pretty sure he's married."

"Still."

You rolled your eyes, exchanging your FBI training top and pants for a large sweater and leggings. "Did you join the academy for the guys or the job?"

"The guys are a perk."

"Hate to burst your bubble, but I think we have rules against fraternization."

"That's bullshit, I was literally in Harry Dundler's bed last week."

"You said you were at your mom's!"

"Whoops."

You chucked a pillow at her. "You're crazy."

"You're just uptight."

"I actually want to get recruited."

"That's a fancy way of saying you're a prude."

You stuck out your tongue. "I'm going to bed."

"Night." Josie yawned, switching off the light.

Sleeping was not your strength. You always felt like your brain was moving 25x faster than the rest of your body, and the night was its favorite time to run wild. Of course you didn't mind it when your thoughts were pleasant, but it wasn't as fun when they weren't. You found your mind wandering to all sorts of places regarding how you could completely bomb your evaluations and never really amount to anything, not an ideal sleep topic. You sighed quietly, throwing your feet over the edge of the bed and sliding them into your sneakers so that your heels were still not properly in the shoe. You grabbed your academy jacket and opened the window, carefully making your way out and up the fire escape. You froze in terror when you saw another figure there. Holy shit am I gonna get murdered? Your eyes studied the figure, attempting to make out what it was doing. As you carefully approached, you realized it was the quiet guy from your criminal psychology course. You frowned, realizing you didn't know his name because he just never said it. But when he spoke in class, he was incredible. "Room for one more?" The boy jumped, fumbling with his book. "Oh I'm sorry, did I scare you?"