Not-So-Pity Party

Summary: Spencer comes to the rescue as Reader's brother's party turns to disaster.

"You seriously can't come get drinks, Y/N?" Emily frowned, flashing her doe eyes at you.

You sighed, grabbing your bag. "I'm sorry, Em, but I have stuff to do."

"It's gotta be a boyfriend or something," Derek whispered to Penelope, who smirked.

"No, Morgan, it isn't. If you must know, my half brother is turning 8 and is having his first real birthday party. He wanted me to go."

"Dammit," Derek muttered. "We need more gossip around here."

"I'll give you something to talk about," Penelope whispered, wiggling her brows at him.

You raised an eyebrow. "Have fun with them, Emily."

"Boo! Reid, can you come?"

Spencer perked up from his book. "Where?"

"Oh god never mind, let's go, dumb and dumber." Emily motioned to the door. "We're getting JJ and Rossi on the way."

"Woo!"

You snickered, heading towards the door. "Have a good one, Spencer."

"Yeah, you too," he replied, smiling awkwardly.

"Your favourite big sister is here!"

Your half brother, Thomas, looked up at you, his eyes widening. "Y/N!"

"Mwah!" You scooped the boy up, spinning him around. "I've missed you."

"Me too!"

Placing the boy down, your eyes scanned the empty arcade. "When is everyone getting here?"

Thomas glanced at the clock. "5:30."

It was 5:27. "Kids are always late, huh?" You chuckled. "We can set everything up before they get here!"

Thomas smiled. "Wanna see the Star Trek stuff I brought? I got this new set of collectible action figures from dad."

"Really? That's strangely nice of him."

"Look!"

You ruffled his hair. "Those are pretty sweet."

The clock hit 5:30.

"Did you uh give everyone the right time, Tommy?"

He nodded. "Mom triple checked."

"I see." You bit your lip. "And the address?"

"There aren't many arcades in the area..."

"I-I was just making sure! I'm sure everyone will be here in no time, I think there was an accident on the highway. Delays and stuff." I exhaled. "Let's just wait a little longer. We can play chess!"

5:45. Nobody.

"Maybe they aren't coming."

"No way!" I stood up, looking out the window. "They will, I promise."

6:00. Nobody.

Thomas took your queen. "Mate."

"Nice one." I paused. "I'm not much competition to you, am I?"

"Respectfully, no."

A snort almost left my mouth. "Tom?"

"Hm?" He almost sounded dejected.

"I think I might know someone who could make this one cool party."

"Who?"

You closed the door behind you, wind meeting your face as you dialed the number.