Pretty Dumb For a Genius

Summary: Reader learns that Spencer is in the hospital and isn't so good at keeping their cool.

Dishes sucked. You really hated doing dishes. You groaned, stacking the dried plates and placing them back in the cabinets. You lifted up each glass, carefully wiping it with a towel. Ring. Ring. You answered your phone, putting it to your ear as you washed the glass. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Uh yeah that's me."

"My name is Penelope Garcia, I work for the FBI with Spencer Reid..."

You paused. They didn't know about you. "Spencer?"

"Uhm I have been informed that you and him are uh dating and uh need to tell you that Spencer has been infected with high doses of anthrax and is in the ICU."

You dropped the glass in your hand. "What?"

"I figured you should know."

"Where is he?"

"I'll send you the address of the hospital."

"Thank you, I'll be there soon." Penelope could hear the pain in your voice already.

You probably broke a shit ton of traffic laws trying to get there, but you honestly didn't care. You practically kept out of the car, running into the hospital lobby. "Good afternoon, who are you here to—"

"Spencer Reid."

The woman glanced at the forms. "You aren't permitted to visit that patient."

You blinked a few times. "I-I'm not?"

"The circumstances to his visit lead to authorized personnel only."

"Oh..." You nodded slowly, sitting down in the waiting room as tears filled your eyes. You sniffled, your head swirling with the different things that could be happening behind those doors at the moment.

"Are you alright?"

You looked up, a brightly dressed woman appearing in front of you. "Yeah, sorry." You wiped your eyes.

"Hey...tell me what's wrong." She sat down next to you.

"My boyfriend...he's really sick. I don't know how it happened, but he got infected with something. But he works for the FBI, so everything gets complicated, and I can't visit him." You swallowed, tears still pooling in your eyes.

"Y/N?"

You furled your brows. "You know me?"

"It's me, Penelope, from the phone."

"Is he alive?!"

"Yeah, yeah. He made it, he's just asleep." She rubbed your arm. "Do you want to go see him?"

"Can I?"

"Your his girlfriend, of course you can."

You sighed in relief. "Please."

She helped you up, flashing her badge as the two of you walked into the hallway. Penelope led you to a room, opening the door. You stepped inside, a more muscular and bald man looking at you. "Garcia?"

"You'll figure it out."

Spencer looked at you weakly. "Hey."