Special Delivery

Summary: A hallway encounter after Henry's birth introduces Spencer to Reader.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god."

You glanced up from your clipboard to see a group of women rushing in, a young blonde holding her stomach. A nurse collected the pregnant woman and ushered the others to a waiting room, leaving you to your work.

"L/N."

You stood up. "Sir."

The doctor handed you a surgical mask. "You aren't a grad student to just sit and do paper work, are you?"

Your eyes widened. "Me?"

"If you're gonna study to be an OBGYN, might as well see how it goes outside of whatever books Harvard gave you."

You put the mask over your face. "Let's do it."

Birth was definitely not as simple as textbooks made it look.

"You're doing amazing, Ms. Jareau," you assured her, glancing at the doctors for approval. One gave you a quick nod, and you continued to comfort her. "Hang in there."

You stepped back, observing the rest of the process as you furiously scribbled down everything you could pick up in all the chaos.

"L/N!"

You hurried over, helping assist the doctors with the newborn in their arms. "Wow," you whispered.

"You'll always remember the first one," a nurse said to you, rubbing your shoulder.

"Yeah," you sighed, looking down at the now cleaned boy. "Hi."

"You give him to her," the doctor said.

"Really?"

"Trust me."

You slowly walked to the woman's side, her eyes filling with tears upon seeing the small bundle. "Here," you whispered.
"He's beautiful."

"I know," she said through choked sobs.

"What are you gonna name him?" You asked quietly. Oh shit, am I allowed to ask that?

"Henry," the woman replied, smiling. "Henry LaMontaigne."

You walked down the hallway, holding the bag of pretzels you managed to scavenge from the break room. You pretty much hadn't eaten in the past 24 hours and were starving. You were about to eat a pretzel when something—someone—knocked into you.

"Shit!" You groaned upon seeing the pretzels all over the floor.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" A younger man stood in front of you, hair slightly unruly and a slight bit of sweat on his forehead—which made sense considering he was completely out of breath. "Here, let me—"

"No, no. I uh—" Your heads bumped into each other, causing you both to recoil. "Sorry!"

"I am so sorry, oh my god. My friend just gave birth, and I have no idea where she is and—"

You stood up, dusting off your scrubs. "I uh I can help. I sorta work here."

"Thank you so much," he exhaled. "Jennifer Jareau."

"Lucky you, I just helped deliver her baby."

A wide smile broke onto his face. "Please, take me to her."

"Follow me. Sorry, it's a bit of a walk. I had to come all the way here for the break room," you said, chuckling. Your stomach rumbled.

"I ruined your only food, didn't I?"