Umbrella

Summary: A slight miscommunication dominoes into Reader and Spencer being stuck inside together during the rain.

"It's really coming down hard, huh?" Emily asked, sliding into the office chair.

"Nothing beats a good old Virginia thunderstorm," Derek joked.

"I like the rain," you mumbled.

"You, dear Y/N, are crazy." Penelope patted your head.

"Come on! It's fun to just go out and run around."

"You sound like Henry."

"Henry has good taste then."

"You could get sick!" Penelope interjected.

"People don't get colds from actual cold weather," Spencer hummed, walking over to his desk.

"Thank you!" You pointed at the boy.

"Though I would recommend an umbrella to stay dry to avoid hypothermia."

"Don't umbrellas increase lightning strike odds?"

"Technically."

"Wait, what?" Derek looked between you and the genius wide eyed.

You snickered. "Nothing."

"Speaking of umbrellas, does anyone have one? I left my bag at the coffee shop downtown and just need to grab it. It's a short walk." Spencer looked around.

"You? Forgetting something?" You raised an eyebrow.

"It was more me being rushed by Garcia's incessant phone calls and simultaneously reading a case file."

"Excuses, excuses. But yeah, I have one in my bag." You pointed to it.

"Thank you so much."

Spencer quickly grabbed the umbrella and headed off.

"Considering that Reid so confidently said it was a short walk, he's taking a long time to get back," JJ muttered.

"I know right, what on earth is he doing?" You shut the folder.

"Maybe his bag is somewhere else?"

"The kid's got an eidetic memory."

"Where's Reid?" Hotch asked, emerging from his office.

"We were just discussing that."

Hotch frowned. "Nobody just goes missing in the middle of a rainy day in Quantico...especially not an FBI agent."

The elevator dinged, everyone looking over.

"Spencer!" You gasped, running over.

The boy stood there, dripping wet. "Afternoon."

"What happened?!"

He exhaled, wringing out the soaking wet shirt stuck to his chest. "Your umbrella."

"Huh?"

Spencer opened it, various holes conveniently shaped like your cat's nails all over the material.

"Oh my god..."