White Lies

Summary: Reader struggles with the idea of meeting Spencer's team, convinced that they aren't enough to impress the BAU.

"Tell me more!" Your best friend tossed a dress over the dressing room door, the hanger hitting your head.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry!"

"Okay well...you know his name is Spencer—duh."

"Wow, no way."

You rolled your eyes. "He's really sweet, funny, so smart, and super cute."

"That's all good and dandy, but you gotta answer this."

"Answer what?" You stepped out of the door, spinning to show a 360 of the dress.

"Ooh, I like it, but I think you could go for something that makes your eyes stand out more," B/F/N said, looking tje dress up and down. "It doesn't really scream 'nice event. As I was saying."

"Yes, of course."

"Tell me...is he good in bed?"

You coughed. "I uh—"

"I'm kidding! Actually...No, I'm not."

"He uh—yeah."

"Damn, sounds like a package. What did you say he did again?"

You bit your lip. "I uh...I don't know."

"Wait what? How could you not know what your own boyfriend does for a living?"

"I-I mean I sort of do, he's just really vague. Something like a government job, that's why I'm going to this gala thing tonight."

"Y/N, what if he's like a crime boss or something?"

You snickered. "Spencer probably hasn't even touched a gun in his entire life."

"Or so you think."

You stepped back into the dressing room, sliding on another dress. "Trust me, B/F/N. Spencer Reid is not a crime and or crime-fighting type." You stepped out. "This one?"

B/F/N gasped. "It's perfect!"

"Are you sure it isn't too little?"

"You've got nice legs, show 'em off."

You chuckled. "Alright, red dress it is." Isn't red supposed to make you more attractive? Maybe that goes platonically too.

"Hey."

Spencer blinked a few times. "Wow...you look—you are just...beautiful."

You smiled softly. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself."

Spencer looked down at the necklace laying on your chest. "It's the one I accidentally broke."

"It's my favorite one."

"But it's all messed up and missing half the beads."

"I don't mind," you replied, giving a fond look at you necklace. "It reminds me of you, so I wear it everywhere."

He squeezed your hand. "You'll meet my team tonight too."

"Team? Is that government slang for coworkers?" You joked, laughing. Spencer inhaled sharply, stopping in the middle of the stairwell down from your apartment. "What?"

"My job...I figured you should get a little context before tonight."

"Yeah, government is a little bit vague. Are you in politics or—"

"I'm an FBI agent."

You froze. "FBI..?"

"Yeah..."